Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

10/22

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by 101Mike, Aug 19, 2012.

1. 101Mike

101Mike WV New Member

Whats the deal with this new 10/22 that you can breakdown and put in its little backpack ? Would it be accurate after removing and installing the barrel. Sounds like a nice " little " survival gun. Any thoughts

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

3. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Unless you're the incredible hulk and you bend the barrel when taking it apart and re-attaching it, it (by "it" I mean you) will be just as accurate as it was before.

4. desert warrior

desert warrior VA New Member

it's pretty good, but there's some cool bullpup conversions coming out in a few months., this will make old faithful about 26-28" OAL......small enough to put into a pack.........

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I like mine. You adjust the barrel nut once to index the barrel/receiver tightness, then it will never lose zero. If you want the absolute minimum footprint look online for instructions to installing a Butler Creek folding stock, then cut the barrel down to 16".

6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Don't cut the barrel yourself, send it to Que to have it cut to 16", threaded, and while you're at it, have re-chambered for improved accuracy.

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Don't forget to have the barrel crowned if it is cut.