JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting into speed steel shooting and wanted to get a new stock and was drawn to the Grey Birch MFG stocks. I like everything on there except the stock. Does anyone have experience getting a different stock on there. Are you able to remove the stock mount type on there and replace it with someone else? I would like to be able to put a lightweight adjustable option on there. I've read some things about different mounts but unsure how it would fit on there. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry I know it doesn't answer your questions, but there are other chassis that might work well for speed steel based on your concerns on the grey birch one. There is a new chassis system coming on the market if you are looking for a very lightweight option ...

I got a Mantis from them and it is an impressive piece of kit.

The taccom chassis takes ar type stocks and is incredibly light: https://taccom3g.com/product-category/for-ruger-1022/

Last Edited:
Getting into speed steel shooting and wanted to get a new stock and was drawn to the Grey Birch MFG stocks. I like everything on there except the stock. Does anyone have experience getting a different stock on there. Are you able to remove the stock mount type on there and replace it with someone else? I would like to be able to put a lightweight adjustable option on there. I've read some things about different mounts but unsure how it would fit on there. Any help is appreciated.
I don't know what buttstock interface they use but they do offer the bare chassis with a picatinny butt stuck attachment. You could get that and use a picatinny to buffer tube conversion and have a huge variety of butt stocks to choose from. Just be careful with how heavy it is as the Grey Birch one is pretty light and it might throw off the balance.
1700166390120.png 1700166380769.png

You can pretty much pick whichever forend and grip you want at that point.
1700166466222.png