JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being an integral suppressor fan (I've got two in 9mm), I've started the ambitious project of creating a custom 10/22 centered around a specific integral barrel. I've never built one before, so I wanted to ask for some general feedback on my build.

Receiver - Fletcher OpenTop 11/22. My thought process here is since this thing will only ever be suppressed, having the ability to more easily clean it is a must. I know the drawback to these is mounting a scope, but I'm just going to do a red dot.
Barrel/Suppressor - AB Suppressor MELB. The centerpiece of the build and the only part that I've actually ordered as of now.
Bolt - KIDD
Charging Handle - KIDD Silver Ring
Trigger - Ruger BX. It's not going to be a precision gun so I don't need anything too crazy.
Stock/Chassis - either a Samson B-TM or an Enoch Deep Six. Still figuring out the "style" I want to go for.
Hardware - Tandemkross/Pike Arms

Welcome to any and all suggestions and feedback. Thanks!

I used a awc tech for 10/22 for years on the job and loved it! I liked the fact that no one knew it was suppressed. If I was to buy one for personal use I too would go with a screw on can that fit multiple guns. Just my 0.02$

Personally I would rather spend the same $ on up to 10 quality and fun .22s with a suppressor that works on all of them. But everyone is different.
Yeah I get that. I have a few .22 suppressor's already and a lot of other rifle and pistol hosts, otherwise I would have gone with a standard threaded barrel.

That's a nice feature, I should have studied it a bit further. I've always hated cleaning a 10/22, I kinda want one now. Also a good solid mounting for a Red dot!
Yeah the 11/22 is pretty cool from my research, especially for suppressed shooting. Quality is supposed to be excellent as well. With a Brownells 15% coupon you can get it for around $190.

What would concern me (for all that money for a single build) is the lead buildup on the internal threads of the Little Bird suppressor.

Here's a torture test for the lead buildup:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNMYoElMEs8

I'm just wondering how many cleanings the Little Bird can hold up to.
Integral makes zero sense to me. Pay for a stamp for one gun vs suppressor (one stamp) can be used in several. 3.7-3.9 oz for a lightweight can is all it adds. How much weight for an integral barrel? I bet it's a lot more.

The sound of the action alone of a gun like that shown in the video is 115 db. A regular suppressor can get the gun down to 110-112ish using subs. So integral can't be any quieter cuz action is already the loudest sound. Plus it's more expensive for less utility. Makes no sense to me.

Integral makes zero sense to me. Pay for a stamp for one gun vs suppressor (one stamp) can be used in several. 3.7-3.9 oz for a lightweight can is all it adds. How much weight for an integral barrel? I bet it's a lot more.

The sound of the action alone of a gun like that shown in the video is 115 db. A regular suppressor can get the gun down to 110-112ish using subs. So integral can't be any quieter cuz action is already the loudest sound. Plus it's more expensive for less utility. Makes no sense to me.
Yeah I get that. It's not a "logical" purchase. My collection is very much centered around unique or rare weapons. Like I said earlier, I have three .22 suppressors and six different hosts, ranging from pistols to lever action.

That's gun collecting in a nutshell though right? I think a .50AE Desert Eagle is about as pointless as it gets, but if I see one at the range I'm going to drool over it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top