JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just be thankful the over 5 inches of rain predicted for next Mon-Wed is not going to be snow. If it was that would be about 5 more feet. Although there is going to be a bunch of flooding when you dump 5 inches of rain on top of our snow with almost 50 degree temperatures. Probably a bunch of landslides too. Also for the next 15 days only next Mon-Wed are going to have low temperatures above freezing. Then we get into February which I have seen a lot of cold weather snow in the last 65 years I have lived in the area. And from 1951 to about 1970 it snowed on my birthday March 2 about every other year or close to it. So we have the possibility of almost 2 months more of this. Funny, I have not heard much on the news about global warming lately.:eek:o_O

The wife and daughter might be headed to the Beaverton area tomorrow/Friday for a horse event. Can anyone advise on general road conditions? They will have a 4WD pickup. I'm wondering if the Beaverton area (specifically on the North side of 26) has had some of the main roads plowed now. I believe the address of the horse facility is on NW Kaiser Road.

Thanks,
Peter

Yup, it is, already seen 2 on/off ramp accidents on 26 about 30 mins ago, kind of wet looking surface, cars off the side in the ditch now.

Last Edited:
IMG_2369.JPG

The wife and daughter might be headed to the Beaverton area tomorrow/Friday for a horse event. Can anyone advise on general road conditions? They will have a 4WD pickup. I'm wondering if the Beaverton area (specifically on the North side of 26) has had some of the main roads plowed now. I believe the address of the horse facility is on NW Kaiser Road.

Thanks,
Peter

Yes they've been plowed. I would personally take 4x4 just in case. I can give you an update around 3-5am if you like...it's gonna be icy though.

Thanks,
Peter

Clear your inbox and hit me up...

The last series of storms was just cold rain for us. We did get a total of 26" on the ground from the big storms of 1-3 January. Now mostly gone. Some of our friends at around 1900 feet in the higher portions of the Illinois Valley SW OR got 36 inches on the ground. Yep.

BDA 45.: How in the world do you stick bad a ODOT 10 wheeler snow plow? Do not answer. I can use my imagination. :( :(

"failure to immediately employ the inter axle differential lockout can have dire consequences--like death from exposure--or worserer". :( :(

"Also consider that non authorized employment of the tandem drive differential lock out can lead to very limited or restricted steering input also leading to death by cold exposure when you run off the road down the hill into the ice old water of the unknown flood stage creek". More yikes!! :)

Last Edited:
I'm just sayin...... go back to the snowpocolips? thread when you were drunk? Calling everyone on the road idiots and just stay home?
I'd jump in the truck any time brah.;)
I ain't skeered

Well I ain't gonna argue with that. Maybe when the contract is up and this happens again we'll ALL heed the warning and stay home and let everyone fend for themselves.....I personally have no problem with it.

If you do notice I'm chained up all the way around and pushing anywhere from 55000 to 70000lbs. Ever been in a plow truck? Ever been in a plow truck on a goat trail??? Ever been in a plow truck ON WEED????? (Lol, sorry for the Half Baked reference) If I get stuck it's because I'm seriously bubblegumed. If I get stuck in the daytime in a populated area, I guarantee it's because of all the other dipshchitz on the road....NOT because of driver error....

Last Edited:
On a side note, if you read the post we had a mechanical malfunction....had that not have happened there's a 99% chance that would not have happened. I've plowed that road probably 50+ times and never had a problem. In 08 I was plowing a road close to there when my radiator blew, right in the switch backs on the steepest part of the hill. At least I made it to the flat spot. Would I still be an idiot or stupid driver then???

:)
The last series of storms was just cold rain for us. We did get a total of 26" on the ground from the big storms of 1-3 January. Now mostly gone. Some of our friends at around 1900 feet in the higher portions of the Illinois Valley SW OR got 36 inches on the ground. Yep.

BDA 45.: How in the world do you stick bad a ODOT 10 wheeler snow plow? Do not answer. I can use my imagination. :( :(

"failure to immediately employ the inter axle differential lockout can have dire consequences--like death from exposure--or worserer". :( :(

"Also consider that non authorized employment of the tandem drive differential lock out can lead to very limited or restricted steering input also leading to death by cold exposure when you run off the road down the hill into the ice old water of the unknown flood stage creek". More yikes!! :)

We destroyed the plow man. Hit a monument box or a man hole or something. I remember hitting something but thought it was a button or something. The plow didn't even fold or anything. It wasn't until after everything was said and done that we realized. The plow started doing unnatural things and by then, well, you know the rest....Ended up shearing off the bolts that hold the plow on...

NOT an ODOT truck btw....

Thanks,
Peter
The flats in Beaverton are fine for the most part. Drive slow and no problems. We were up and down 185th and had no problems other than our tire chains needing to be on the FRONT wheels and I put them on the back, then the battery dying while we were at the store and the woman yelling at us for putting our chains on in the starbucks parking lot...

Got yesterday off but had 2 hour late start this morning. I live in clackamas but work downtown Portland. The only road that was clear for me was hwy 212. Everywhere else was white. The weather reporters seemed so confident last night that the sun would melt the snow. Wrong....

Got yesterday off but had 2 hour late start this morning. I live in clackamas but work downtown Portland. The only road that was clear for me was hwy 212. Everywhere else was white. The weather reporters seemed so confident last night that the sun would melt the snow. Wrong....
No one told them that sun and 30* means no melting... Who'd 'a thunk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top