JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a side note, if you read the post we had a mechanical malfunction....had that not have happened there's a 99% chance that would not have happened. I've plowed that road probably 50+ times and never had a problem. In 08 I was plowing a road close to there when my radiator blew, right in the switch backs on the steepest part of the hill. At least I made it to the flat spot. Would I still be an idiot or stupid driver then???
All the years I ran heavy equipment I always blamed the problems on operator error
I'm justa sayin:cool:

My neighborhood is still well covered in snow, including the roads - but 4WD, no chains, is enough to get through. Once I go a few blocks, it's bare pavement from that point on. Looks like we'll get to enjoy the snow at our house until about Monday - and that's fine with me - we get it so rarely, especially in this amount, that it's kind of a nice change from the typical wet and dreary NW weather.

We had a 50* change last week -25 to 30 something
Now it back below 0* after another 7" of snow.
I was getting in and out of my drive just fine till it warmer up a bit. Then the back end slid sideways trying to take out the gate post:eek:. Took me 5 tries till I got out and shoveled snow around
I musta looked pretty funny trying to get my Land Cruiser out of a 50' driveway,lol.

We had a 50* change last week -25 to 30 something
Now it back below 0* after another 7" of snow.
I was getting in and out of my drive just fine till it warmer up a bit. Then the back end slid sideways trying to take out the gate post:eek:. Took me 5 tries till I got out and shoveled snow around
I musta looked pretty funny trying to get my Land Cruiser out of a 50' driveway,lol.

And yer pickin' on the guy that's driving 30 tons, on city streets, with a bunch of moron Portland drivers and cars parked all over the place? :rolleyes: LOL :D

IMG_0407.JPG

:D

Had a rody in the front, maybe 8 foot tall tip over and yanked the root ball out today:(.

Hoping she will live till the snow melts and I can trim it back and stake it upright - I've seen those plants come back from some massive damage so I'm hopeful. The wife thinks it's a goner so I guess only time will tell.

My daughters boyfriend came over in his moms jeep and shoveled our stairs and to the curb, then drove them to the store for a few things - I like that boy;).

Haven't had to have "the talk" with him yet so that makes it all the better.

I had a apple tree blow over one year and I just added some dirt to the root ball to cover it up and it is doing quite well, still putting out apples and it also gives the alpaca's easy picking on some of the leaves during the summer.

The flats in Beaverton are fine for the most part. Drive slow and no problems. We were up and down 185th and had no problems other than our tire chains needing to be on the FRONT wheels and I put them on the back, then the battery dying while we were at the store and the woman yelling at us for putting our chains on in the starbucks parking lot...

That always fun watching someone putting chains on the back tires of a front wheel drive car and you sit there :s0076: wtf are they doing.

Yeah I don't want to try out your truck anyway. They can slid around just like the little rigs on the ice:eek:
I'd get a plow for my drive but I guess this is the most snow there has been around here for quite some time. Usually it hit the hills not town.

I gotta say I wouldn't want to be a plow driver!! Give em all a lot of credit.

If it was my job to deal with a bunch of moronic idiots on a daily basis that think they can drive but don't have the first clue in there two wheel drive with summer tires I would go nuts!!!:oops::D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top