JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm planning to build some 1" thick wooden cabinets for ammo and reloading components. Lowes has some fancy stuff. Anyone know where to get some basic 1" thick plywood? 4x8 sheets would be perfect.

4 X 8 X 1 1/2" stuff used to be, maybe still is, called car decking, came tongue and groove. nearly the cost of sound, finished one side 3/4. but that was years ago and moving a tad bit beyond your specs. Great for work bench construction though.

You might try Woodcraft in Tigard - just off Hall Blvd at 99W - in the same mall area as Tigard Pawn 4 More. I've only been in the Tigard store once, but the Portland store has quite a large selection of many woods, including some nicer laminated woods. I can't recall if I saw your 'basic' plywood there. You might check out Baltic Birch Plywood - it's a bit spendy, but it's good stuff and may be good for your application.

Not sure how far you are willing to go but there is Mr. Plywood in Portland. They have a good selection of sheet goods. Crosscut Hardwoods is at the north end of town and has a large selection. Either might be worth a phone call if you are willing to go that far. Baltic Birch makes great cases, full 1" might be a difficult find but I will sometimes double up 1/2".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top