1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

1" Plywood Near Tigard

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Smitty79, May 8, 2016.

1. Smitty79

Smitty79 Tigard Member

I'm planning to build some 1" thick wooden cabinets for ammo and reloading components. Lowes has some fancy stuff. Anyone know where to get some basic 1" thick plywood? 4x8 sheets would be perfect.
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

By "fancy" do you mean the expensive "hardwood" sheets? Perhaps consider the 1-1/8" stuff used for sub-floors.
    Dyjital, orygun and Mbeef61 like this.
  3. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

4 X 8 X 1 1/2" stuff used to be, maybe still is, called car decking, came tongue and groove. nearly the cost of sound, finished one side 3/4. but that was years ago and moving a tad bit beyond your specs. Great for work bench construction though.
  4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You might try Woodcraft in Tigard - just off Hall Blvd at 99W - in the same mall area as Tigard Pawn 4 More. I've only been in the Tigard store once, but the Portland store has quite a large selection of many woods, including some nicer laminated woods. I can't recall if I saw your 'basic' plywood there. You might check out Baltic Birch Plywood - it's a bit spendy, but it's good stuff and may be good for your application.
  5. WillametteWill

WillametteWill Willamette Valley Active Member

Not sure how far you are willing to go but there is Mr. Plywood in Portland. They have a good selection of sheet goods. Crosscut Hardwoods is at the north end of town and has a large selection. Either might be worth a phone call if you are willing to go that far. Baltic Birch makes great cases, full 1" might be a difficult find but I will sometimes double up 1/2".
  6. Mosix

Mosix Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is where I get 1" ply for trailer floors. Great pricing.

Cronin Wood Products
    10675 SW Industrial Way
    Tualatin, OR 97062
    Dyjital likes this.