WTB WA 1 MOA or better 308 or 30.06

OP
Hyak55171

Hyak55171

Reactions
Hunting mostly, but possibly a long range plinker at some point. 600 yards will probably be the longest I'll have the opportunity to shoot for quite awhile target shooting, hunting not much more than 200 usually qoth the occasional 400 yard shot if presented

OP
Hyak55171

Hyak55171

Reactions
PRice range?

You can get an old 30-06 hunting rifle with a scope for $300ish that will do 1 MOA.
Prefer under 1k, cheaper the better obviously. And ive been looking around for an older rifle but armslist is about dead and local stores dont carry much used for used prices

Joe13

Reactions
Prefer under 1k, cheaper the better obviously. And ive been looking around for an older rifle but armslist is about dead and local stores dont carry much used for used prices
I see them on this site often, depending on how soon you want it, if you just keep an eye out I could pretty much guarantee you'll see one listed.

Also, I would go thru the rifles for sale section and any that don't say sold or are locked - send the owner a PM and ask if it is still for sale.

That's how I found my Ruger Mk3 - the Ad was 2 years old and he had never sold it but was happy to.

Almost all Rifles that are set up for hunting will be 1MOA unless they are a real lemon.

Any bolt action rifle worth a damn will shoot 1 MOA with decent ammo. So basically the OP has too many choices to list in the <$1000 range.

Savage
Remington
Ruger
Marlin
Tikka
Winchester
Howa
Weatherby
CZ
etc......

(Yoda voice) Tikka it is that you seek, yes. :s0062:
There are plenty of good rifles besides a Tikka, goofball.

Reactions
Any bolt action rifle worth a damn will shoot 1 MOA with decent ammo. So basically the OP has too many choices to list in the <$1000 range.

Savage
Remington
Ruger
Marlin
Tikka
Winchester
Howa
Weatherby
CZ
etc......

There are plenty of good rifles besides a Tikka, goofball.
Amen. 1 moa is so easy to get in a good rifle. All of my rifles will shoot sub moa 3 shot groups. Generally when we are talking about "hunting" rifles, we'll accept 3 shots as a good guideline for accuracy. One of my more recent 30-06 rifles is being turned into a 308 Norma magnum as we speak, but this is how it shot as a 30-06, and it is very old... Like as in 1917 old:

eLSOSXY.jpg
s3qPjER.jpg
hAzzSob.jpg
EkMymAJ.jpg
g1kYpwS.jpg

Shooting better than 1 moa in todays modern world of good bullets and components, is childs play, even with a super old rifle...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom