JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hunting mostly, but possibly a long range plinker at some point. 600 yards will probably be the longest I'll have the opportunity to shoot for quite awhile target shooting, hunting not much more than 200 usually qoth the occasional 400 yard shot if presented

PRice range?

You can get an old 30-06 hunting rifle with a scope for $300ish that will do 1 MOA.
Prefer under 1k, cheaper the better obviously. And ive been looking around for an older rifle but armslist is about dead and local stores dont carry much used for used prices

Prefer under 1k, cheaper the better obviously. And ive been looking around for an older rifle but armslist is about dead and local stores dont carry much used for used prices

I see them on this site often, depending on how soon you want it, if you just keep an eye out I could pretty much guarantee you'll see one listed.

Also, I would go thru the rifles for sale section and any that don't say sold or are locked - send the owner a PM and ask if it is still for sale.

That's how I found my Ruger Mk3 - the Ad was 2 years old and he had never sold it but was happy to.

Almost all Rifles that are set up for hunting will be 1MOA unless they are a real lemon.

A good 30-06 is easy to find. About a week ago i ran across a like new superlite for $500.00. I would have bought it, except i already have 4 good 30-06 rifles in the safe..

Thanks! Im still messing with the seach feature a bit. I'm not so technologically savvy lol

Click Forums
Go down to the Rifles for Sale and click that

Click search and have it look like this (or 308 if you'd rather - simple is better):

IMG_4256.PNG

Any bolt action rifle worth a damn will shoot 1 MOA with decent ammo. So basically the OP has too many choices to list in the <$1000 range.

Savage
Remington
Ruger
Marlin
Tikka
Winchester
Howa
Weatherby
CZ
etc......

(Yoda voice) Tikka it is that you seek, yes. :s0062:

There are plenty of good rifles besides a Tikka, goofball.

Any bolt action rifle worth a damn will shoot 1 MOA with decent ammo. So basically the OP has too many choices to list in the <$1000 range.

Savage
Remington
Ruger
Marlin
Tikka
Winchester
Howa
Weatherby
CZ
etc......

There are plenty of good rifles besides a Tikka, goofball.

Amen. 1 moa is so easy to get in a good rifle. All of my rifles will shoot sub moa 3 shot groups. Generally when we are talking about "hunting" rifles, we'll accept 3 shots as a good guideline for accuracy. One of my more recent 30-06 rifles is being turned into a 308 Norma magnum as we speak, but this is how it shot as a 30-06, and it is very old... Like as in 1917 old:

eLSOSXY.jpg
s3qPjER.jpg
hAzzSob.jpg
EkMymAJ.jpg
g1kYpwS.jpg

Shooting better than 1 moa in todays modern world of good bullets and components, is childs play, even with a super old rifle...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.