JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will accept the verdict from the jury = it was never proven that Martin actually attacked Zimmerman - Zimmerman was acquitted do to lack of evidence to convict.

James Ruby

Are you suggesting that Zimmerman’s broken nose and head injurers were self inflicted?

Summary:
The verdict is not guilty.
Everyone who thought GZ was innocent before the trial and verdict still think he is innocent.
Everyone who thought GZ was guilty before the trial and verdict still think he is guilty.
Most, if not all, of us focused on the facts that supported our position and ignored the facts that didn't support it.
Guess we are all still human after all...

Question:
Did anybody change their mind about GZ's innocence or guilt through the trial or the discussion on this forum?

Question:
Did anybody change their mind about GZ's innocence or guilt through the trial or the discussion on this forum?

My opinion didn't change, but I was open to new evidence. I read the first couple of batches of discovery documents and at the time noted the absence of any appreciable forensics evidence, either from Trayvon's body or the scene. Fast forward to the trial and I was waiting with baited breath to see if that was going to be the piece of evidence that actually refuted all the other evidence.

It turned out the forensics strongly indicated that Trayvon was on top, bolstering the rest of the evidence. So I didn't have to change my opinion, but I was uniquely aware I might have had to.

Question:

I did.

Before the trial I was fairly confident that he'd be convicted of manslaughter. After the state finished it's case it was clear that there wasn't any evidence that substantially contradicted Zimmerman's version of events and some evidence that substantially corroborated it.

And what was more clear, it was obvious that the prosecution KNEW there wasn't evidence to support a conviction before they pressed the charges.

I had all of my information on the details from the press, just like pretty much everyone else. The story THEY told bore little relation to what the evidence actually showed. And it was a lot more clear than just reasonable doubt. It was clear beyond reasonable doubt that he was in fact innocent of any crime charged.

Those are indications that a fight occurred - not indication of who started it.

James Ruby

If a fight started and Zimmerman was throwing punches, how come Trayvon Martin didn't have a scratch on him? Again, the evidence here is pretty convincing that Zimmerman was telling the truth when he said that Martin sucker-punched him and that Z was trying to get away.

If a fight started and Zimmerman was throwing punches, how come Trayvon Martin didn't have a scratch on him? Again, the evidence here is pretty convincing that Zimmerman was telling the truth when he said that Martin sucker-punched him and that Z was trying to get away.

to beat J R to the answer

He wall probably say T M was a better fighter then Z
but I don't believe it, I think he got suckered punched and the rest is history

I dont know the answer to many of these questions as I had stated earlier - there is just not enough concrete evidence one way or another in my opinion. It worked in Zimmemrans favor, there was not enough evidence for a conviction. And the trial is over.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top