JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I for one am fine with zimmerman getting acquitted. He did precisely what he should have done imo

he attempted to keep an eye on a potential criminal and when attacked he showed restraint right up till he was down and in danger of his life ( trayvon was shown to be on top and attacking) before he responded with leathal force

MikeE, Be aware that if you instigate it in that manner, it is manslaughter. If you ask someone what they are doing in your house, garage or neighborhood and they attack you, you have the right to self defense.

The problem is that Trayvon did nothing wrong -however, this was not about Trayvons guilt or innocence it was about Zimmermans guilt based only the evidence provided and there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman. Zimmerman was innocent until proved guilty of a crime and remains innocent based on the lack of evidence to convict. To me is a like a good conduct medal in the Navy - it does not mean that you did good conduct only that you not found doing misconduct. It is Zimmermans day today - he should be very happy and relieved today.

James Ruby

Trayvon brutally attacked a man who was merely following him.. that lead to felony assault and threat of death or great bodily injury.. Zimmerman rightly walked

The problem is that Trayvon did nothing wrong -however, this was not about Trayvons guilt or innocence it was about Zimmermans guilt based only the evidence provided and there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman. Zimmerman was innocent until proved guilty of a crime and remains innocent based on the lack of evidence to convict. To me is a like a good conduct medal in the Navy - it does not mean that you did good conduct only that you not found doing misconduct. It is Zimmermans day today - he should be very happy and relieved today.

James Ruby

And if he is any kind of man, he will have a tough time living with himself.

James Ruby

Instead of continuing on home or calling 911 himself, Trayvon made things worse by confronting Zimmerman, while Zimmerman didn't break any laws by following him.

When attacked Zimmerman invoked Florida's clear cut STAND YOUR GROUND law and defended himself within the LAW which law enforcement agreed with which was why only after a month of Obama and civil righters whining that Zimmerman finally got bogusly charged when it was made into a non existent race issue.

I will accept the verdict from the jury = it was never proven that Martin actually attacked Zimmerman - Zimmerman was acquitted do to lack of evidence to convict.

James Ruby

I will accept the verdict from the jury = it was never proven that Martin actually attacked Zimmerman - Zimmerman was acquitted do to lack of evidence to convict.

James Ruby

With that kind of first hand knowledge you seem to have, why in the world didn't you come forward and testify at the trial?

At least he is practicing good trigger discipline.

lx2r7d0.jpg

James Ruby

The prosecution brought a weak case. Reasonable doubt is a very high legal standard. They had to prove guilt and failed.

This doesn't mean I think GZ did things correctly.

Can we say civil suit? It's not over yet and the defense is making a big mistake
It is against the law in FL to sue in civil court after you lose in criminal court.

Of course Zimmerman can always sue MSNBC for editing that tape to disparage him, and fan the flames like they did.

In any event, I would like to issue a big THANK YOU to Joe Link for allowing us to discuss this ongoing situation, and for giving Law of Self Defense the chance to bring us coverage and analysis from a pro-gun perspective.
As opposed to the race-based, anti-gun drivel available elsewhere!

In retrospect, your analysis was obviously spot-on LoSD, and it's apparent that your understanding of the (FL) law, and the court system is far greater and more honest than any other I have read.
And that is much appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks again guys!

To me there is still no evidence who threw the first punch - there seems to be some real gaps between Zimmerman following Martin and Martin being on top of Zimmerman. Is there evidence that specifies what happened in detail that is not Zimmermans words alone? I could have missed it. We know for fact that Zimmerman was being beat on by Trayvon and that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman.This period of time is the question I never felt was answered and suspect other than what Zimmerman has stated we will never know for fact. I feel that Zimmerman was truly acting in self defense when he shot Martin, there is no debate on this point. What happened before - no speculation - actual facts - what words were used, who swung first, who hit the ground first, at what point in time did Martin see that Zimmerman had a gun? We will never know more than we know now.

It doesnt really matter as Zimmerman was found not guilty - if there was information that the prosecutor could use they would have by now and the outcome may have been different. The principle that "you are innocent until proven guilty" I feel is a good standard but carries with it that it will sometimes allow criminals to get away with their crime and hopefully will prevent innocent men from being convicted. I still am not certain personally which one Zimmerman is - that is not for me to decide. The legal system and jury of his peers have said he is not guilty - good enough for me.

I am no lawyer - these are my opinion and questions I feel were never answered. I have no first hand knowledge only questions.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top