JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article...

Increases in firearm purchases following mass shootings are well-observed phenomena, likely driven by concerns that these events could lead to more restrictive gun controls. Lead author Maurizio Porfiri, NYU Tandon professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering, noted that this is the first study to empirically examine — and confirm — the link between news stories specifically about gun policy and increased acquisition of firearms. However, in one surprising finding, the analysis revealed no causal link between an actual mass shooting and gun purchases.

Mr Porfiri is quite the rocket scientist.

Gee...
If enough folks talk about banning guns , firearm accessories , or proposed limits / limitations of the same...
More guns and firearm accessories are sold ...?
Who would have thunk it...?

Plus I really dig the term used in the article : "firearm ecosystem"...
And here I thought that I just owned and used firearms 'cause they are fun to own and use...not to forget that 2nd Amendment thing...:rolleyes:

Sure wish I was paid to do "research" like this.
Andy

Why are presumed smart/educated people so often hopelessly naive?

Wait, I've seen it in action.

One of my best pals is a surgeon, but completely, utterly naive about almost anything not medical.

So: Anything said or written outside the speaker/writers immediate discipline is to be ignored as not credible.

Why are presumed smart/educated people so often hopelessly naive?

Wait, I've seen it in action.

One of my best pals is a surgeon, but completely, utterly naive about almost anything not medical.

So: Anything said or written outside the speaker/writers immediate discipline is to be ignored as not credible.

People identify opportunities, costs, benefits differently. I think it takes a certain kind of brain that finds the path to being a surgeon, business tycoon, soldier, laborer, criminal. In our journey from point A to point B, we see the path our way.

I clicked but did not read past the first paragraph.
What they could have used statistics for is also to show no casual link between surges in purchasing and crime. If there had, the Obama years would have made the last decade extremely deadly.
Also, can they use their deep math skills to confirm a casual link between media focus on the perpetrator and copycat criminals? Then, their reasearch just might be useful.

I often see Kilt wearing guys on "Forged in Fire" the show where guys competitively make knives.

Kilts make me shudder.

If yer gonna wear a costume from centuries ago, I would prefer the pirate look. No damn skirt for me or the Rexall Wrangler look, popular here in Texas. Funny thing is, I worked ranches and farms as a kid, but eschewed the western, cowboy look, with the goofy western hat that looks a sailing ship it's so big with elaborately tooled pointy ointy boots and a big bubblegum buckle and buck stitched belt with yer name on it, plus wrangler jeans and a silly looking western themed shirt.

I prefer a tee shirt, cargo shorts and lace up boots. And for the piece de resistance - a G19 with a spare, fully loaded magazine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top