JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In a TTAG article I saw earlier, they were requesting their viewers click here to get to the YouTube policy page, click on NO under "was this article helpful" and tell them to rescind their policy.

Their new firearms policies are nothing more than political censorship of free speech. I had always thought Google was all about openness, but I guess not... I urge all members of the community here to follow the link and put in your two cents.

FYI the new full30 website has some good videos and looks like it may be a good YouTube alternative with Google/YouTube have jumping on the political censorship bandwagon.

In a TTAG article I saw earlier, they were requesting their viewers click here to get to the YouTube policy page, click on NO under "was this article helpful" and tell them to rescind their policy.

Their new firearms policies are nothing more than political censorship of free speech. I had always thought Google was all about openness, but I guess not... I urge all members of the community here to follow the link and put in your two cents.

FYI the new full30 website has some good videos and looks like it may be a good YouTube alternative with Google/YouTube have jumping on the political censorship bandwagon.

Well I guess it's good that you and hopefully now others, will realize Google is not and has NEVER been about open anything. They are Multi billionaires. As often happens with people with this much money they are VERY left wing. Reason being they do not believe any of the tripe they spout, it's all about control. The old "we fly around on a private jet while we tell you not to drive your car". The extremely rich can't really be blamed for this since it works so damn well it's amazing to watch. Far from anything new and people still just keep falling for it.

Done. Thanks for the heads up Druiseeker.

Google/YouTube taking up political sides with censorship is a treacherous form of corporate cowardice - creating and enforcing as their versions of "law" implicit rules that have not undergone due process - or a vote. What ever happened to the First Amendment? They should be ashamed of themselves for cowtowing to (and actually joining) the leftist liberal media and all of Bloomberg's special-interest paid flunkies. Imagine what they might have to ban/censor if the same simplistic/reactive mindset were to run rampant regarding cars and trucks in response to the far more frequent issue of vehicular homicides. It's a huge problem, which not unlike murder, is specifically due to the criminally negligent BEHAVIOR of INDIVIDUALS, and NOT the motor vehicles, or booze, or cellphones themselves that the overwhelming majority of citizens use responsibly, every day, everywhere.

Shame on Google!

Last Edited:
remember to use an adblocker on all the google sites

Consider adding certain google sites to you /etc/hosts file -- by adding these lines in that file, your computer will look for the website indicated in each line on its own harddrive (127.0.0.1 is you, provided it is defined as such at the top of /etc/hosts (127.0.0.1 localhost)), not find, it and thus fail to complete the request. You can increase your privacy to some degree with this method. I have these lines in my /etc/hosts file because F Google:

127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com

How to Edit Your Hosts File on Windows, Mac, or Linux

I wouldn't think of it as foolproof -- google certainly has workarounds but, might as well make them burn money and human resources on workarounds.

Consider adding certain google sites to you /etc/hosts file -- by adding these lines in that file, your computer will look for the website indicated in each line on its own harddrive (127.0.0.1 is you), not find, it and thus fail to complete the request. You can increase your privacy to some degree with this method. I have these lines in my /etc/hosts file because F Google:

127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com

How to Edit Your Hosts File on Windows, Mac, or Linux

I wouldn't think of it as foolproof -- google certainly has workarounds but, might as well make them burn money and human resources on workarounds.

Ghostery is pretty good, it is blocking google analytics on this site (sorry Joe). But that is a good idea as well

Another option is hooktube . com for youtube videos. Allows sharing of videos without giving youtube view credits so their ads done work.

"Share YouTube videos without giving them views. Bypass country blocks and age restrictions. Download YouTube videos and music. Keep your data private from the G"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top