JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I first moved here the gun show was like something I had never seen before. It was like a trip to Disney Land for me. Now, I go maybe twice a year when I am bored and want to get out. Now that ammo is coming back in stock, there are some decent prices, if you shop around. I put the parking and entry fee towards entertainment for walking through the show and looking at all the toys.
Last one I picked up a Ruger Gunsite Scout 308 in stainless for $800 from Keith's. That is a good price, even on the net. But I got to walk out the door with it for the $10 background check fee.
Buying a gun or ammo, you have to walk through and look for who has the best price. Others had the RGS for $850.00

When I go, which is rare, I always get stuck next to some guy that has zero belief in underarm deodorant or has realized the benefit of the occasional shower.
If you "always get stuck" maybe there is something else in play here? The little stamp on your hand does not dictate your place in line. Really no difference from getting stuck behind the inconsiderate doing 40 all the way to the coast, You can ride his bubblegum and fume the whole way, or pull over, take a short break, and resume your trip at your comfortable speed. Been more than once I've lingered elsewhere because some table was packed so tight a fly couldn't get through. Your blood pressure will thank you for it.

Last portland show I found 3 new c products ar15 762x39mm mags for $15 each....I found a random bag of 300blk out 25rds for $5...I got a free dpms hard ar case...I found 200rds of 22short for $5...and i got free admission cause i worked a booth for a friendm..all in all I did pretty good.

Most of the time, there isn't anything there that I can't buy for the same price at the LGS. BUT I have had a needle in the haystack times.

The best deal was a BNIB HK USP 45 Tactical with complete factory soft case for $500.
A few really good ammo deals where vendors had made pricing mistakes.

I remember what you got that. I should have purchased it from you...

For the same experience, you could stop by the The Gun Room on Foster Rd and see a lot of over priced firearms and hear the same BS as you would from the vendors.
Parking is free, no crowds and best of all, no entry fee.
And, as a special bonus, just ask anyone behind the counter about polymer guns and you get a 20 minute picture show on why you would be nuts in owning one.
Jeez, you're reminding me of my first visit at that place. . . I had a beautifully preserved S&W revolver from the late 1800s and wanted a recommendation on a good gunsmith to give it a tuneup -- they told me it was a "Saturday night special" which should be melted down for slag and then tried to sell me guns at what I later learned was about 2x fair market price.

I've never been to a gun show in OR, CA or WA (probably 3 dozen) where I didn't stumble into at least one serious gag-reflex triggering cloud of BO. KLANNGGG!!!

Usually just accessories for me - mags, bags, cans, slings, cheapo red dots, mediocre hotdogs. And visual entertainment - a few gals dressed like R-rated Barbie dolls, really enjoying the attention. They show... I look. Same thing at motorcycle shows - bless their extroverted little hearts.

In the past, I scored a sweet Gold Cup and a sporterized 30-06 Mauser 98 with an eagle & swastika proof stamp on the receiver. Not a nazi by a long shot here, just aware of the historical significance. I fart in the general direction of that table full of "vintage war memorabilia," swastika emblazoned Zippo cigarette lighter knockoffs manufactured in Taiwan last summer.

Oh... and I got Norinco 7.62x39 reduced from $1.99 a box to $1.75 because I bought a case. But that was a long time ago. Sadly, I've seen nothing gun- or ammo-wise this century that remotely looked like a good deal.

Last Edited:
The last Portland gun show I attended... I picked up a Norinco Mak-90 for $169.00 and a 1000 round case of 7.62x39 for $65.00.

True, it has been some years since then, but why go back just to be dissapointed?

Around 2 1/2 years ago, I picked up a Rossi model 92 lever action in 480 Ruger. Paid $410 out the door and it's been a great rifle. I cast and load my own 390 grain flat points and can carry eleven in the rifle. Wonderful bear medicine. I've heard that Rossi only made 100 of the 480R caliber M92 rifles which means I'm quite fortunate to have one.
Yes, you are.
One has to be picky with those Rossi '92's, but that caliber is a powerful package.

I owe my fondness to the current Rossi's, because I own a prehistoric version: An "El Tigre" (The Tiger, literally, or more accurately in correct geographical translation, The Jaguar): A carbon copy of the Winchester '92, constructed in Brazil in the 1950's, with incredibly slick action and sling swivels integral on the gun: .44-40 Caliber as were the Winchesters. This was the embryonic stage of the South American firearm industry that finally begot the early struggling, and now good Taurus.

Watch those Rossi's. Watch the quality. Buy 'em if it's good.

Well, this thread is rollin' much better than I expected, and I will offer good pats on the back and more importantly some parallel thinkin' towards the good contributors here (THORBORG gets special mention) saying that the PRIMARY goal of attending a gun show is NOT what profit you might gain, but what benefit you might gain.

Others mentioned a social value. That to me is so reinforcing. You are in a building containing at least a thousand people who on some degree agree with what you believe in.

Go there for the event. Get something back? It's Bacon with the Eggs.

Have not been for 3 years or so, but the wife and I really enjoyed our last trip. Saw a bunch of friends, bought some ammo, and got a great price on a Spikes lower and full LPK and stock kit from Stoner Arms. BGC went very fast, and had a great time fellow shipping with like minded folks. Had lunch with a few really nice folks who we just happen to sit down with and chatted it up. Walked around with Rob Heller for almost an hour looking at a bunch of different booths. Over all a great time.

I have known Rob Heller for about 35 years. It is kind of hard to not enjoy being around the guy. He does like to talk.

I actually like the shows, just not admission prices. It's a good way to kill time. When I go, I walk through a few times. Best deals I've got are a NIB Benchmade Auto for $100, police trade in Wingmaster w/Laser Products forend for $225, 870 police wood forend for $5, and a case of 00 Winchester Buckshot for around $100.

I think you guys that go for entertainment value hit the nail on the head. It does irritate me that parking is expensive, no reason for it. I have fond memories walking around the show with my Son. It was at this show i purchased his first rifle, a Remington Sportsman 78, in .270. I hope we are able to go to shows once he is finished in Corvallis. This is his Senior year. Funny with kids in college there seems to be a lot less disposable income.

When I go I make sure that there are at least four of us so it is not too much per person for parking. I consider it as entertainment as many of you do. I have not found a great deal at any but have purchased a few things that were harder to find elsewhere. I really liked the one where the ladies were admitted free. That was a winner in my opinion.

I remember when the majority of tables were full of guns and gun parts being sold or traded by private individuals, not retail stores. Nowadays they should pay you just to show up considering the prices they want.

Maybe the OR guys should cross the bridge and go to a WAC show. But I know what you mean. Some times its the same old stuff. I just got the Ruger MkIII Hunter w fluted barrel and conformal grips for not the suggested retail price of $750 but $579 - $637 including sales tax. So PLEASE don't burst my bubble and tell me you could have gotten it cheaper. The club is working on having more shows and a variety of locations. I've taken the train to Portland a couple of times beautiful view on the way - nice city. Road the commuter train. Visted the mall. The reproduction trolley car was very interesting but then I'm an electrical engineer - retired now. Heck I only occasionally go to Puyallup as I'm in Arlington.

I scored this bad boy for $1100

image.jpeg

My best buy was when I was working at the show, a guy came up to our booth offering to sell an FN-49 (Luxembourg 30-06) and a bubba'd Finn-capture SVT-40 for $900. So I bought them. Had to do a little work on the FN-49 to get it operable (broken firing pin) and ended up spending a few hundred to get the SVT back to it's original glory, but still a good deal!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top