JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over the years I have bought or traded for a couple dozen guns at the Portland gun show. I've even sold a few there. I rarely go now days as what I am looking for really isn't there. But when I do its typically to see something like a new pistol or to buy something like a bunch of ammo cans. if I happen to see some reloading supplies not overly priced or maybe some little items I will buy. I never go alone (that's what having a son and son in law are for).

But I fully agree that since the AWB of 94 and the mental shift to black guns the big shows have slowly turned to crap. Used to be there would be 4-5 tables of black guns at a show with the foreign stuff seeing little if any interest. The Colt AR and HBAR stuff seeing a few tire kicker and the Blued and Walnut guns filling 500 of the 1000 tables Almost no new ammo was ever seen at the shows back then and reloading supplies were also quite rare. Used to be at the bigger shows collectors would actually display collections Now only the small Oregon Arms Collectors shows have that.

Billy (look up her skirt) Clinton changed all that when he said no you can't have that and all of a sudden that is all everyone wanted. And the gun shows have gone in the hopper ever since. The internet just made it even worse.

Been going to shows regularly since 1968 attended shows as a vendor almost every month from 83 to 96 so I have watched a bunch of changes from the gun control act of 68 to UBC

For the same experience, you could stop by the The Gun Room on Foster Rd and see a lot of over priced firearms and hear the same BS as you would from the vendors.
Parking is free, no crowds and best of all, no entry fee.
And, as a special bonus, just ask anyone behind the counter about polymer guns and you get a 20 minute picture show on why you would be nuts in owning one.

Old thread but I couldn't help to comment. How is the Gun Room on Foster even in business? The old man working there is a pompous blowhard. Ask about polymer guns you get a lecture. Ask about Eastern bloc weapons and you get shouted out of the store. I went in years ago asking for a Kalashnikov to buy so I could build a modern style rifle out of an AK. The old man told me that Russian weapons are junk and that we won the cold war. I wanted to tell him there were no official or large scale battles during the cold war hence why it was called the "cold" war but I just left and never went back. That place sucks so much rear end I'm still baffled about how it's open and especially within Portland city limits in a now neo liberal neighborhood.

Last Edited:
It's hilarious to read the Google reviews on that place.
Sounds like a Mental Ward with guns.....bad combo.
One of those google reviews is mine for sure. I had such a bad taste in my mouth from the experience that YEARS later when I stumbled upon their google listing I was compelled to leave feedback. I suppose the shop is good for old bastards who wanna go somewhere and talk about their 1911 collection and feel superior to all these whipper snappers and their plastic guns.

Old thread but I couldn't help to comment. How is the Gun Room on Foster even in business? The old man working there is a pompous blowhard. Ask about polymer guns you get a lecture. Ask about Eastern bloc weapons and you get shouted out of the store. I went in years ago asking for a Kalashnikov to buy so I could build a modern style rifle out of an AK. The old man told me that Russian weapons are junk and that we won the cold war. I wanted to tell him no one really fired any shots during the cold war hence why it was called the "cold" war but I just left and never went back. That place sucks so much rear end I'm still baffled about how it's open and especially within Portland city limits in a now neo liberal neighborhood.

Having been shot at during the"Cold War" I'm going to disagree.

Vietnam? Korea? Afghanistan (Mujahadeen/Soviet)?
You're right. The Mujahadeen were armed with M16 rifles..... The Cold War was about the Soviet Union vs the United States. No Russian forces were directly tested against American forces. I should have known my comment would bring out the butthurts. I'm gonna leave the following citation here and stop replying since apparently you people have no idea what the cold war was and what the name implies.

"The term "cold" is used because there was no large-scale fighting directly between the two sides, although there were major regional wars, known as proxy wars, supported by the two sides. The Cold War split the temporary wartime alliance against Nazi Germany, leaving the Soviet Union and the United States as two superpowers with profound economic and political differences." - Cold War - Wikipedia

You're right. The Mujahadeen were armed with M16 rifles..... The Cold War was about the Soviet Union vs the United States. No Russian forces were directly tested against American forces. I should have known my comment would bring out the butthurts. I'm gonna leave the following citation here and stop replying since apparently you people have no idea what the cold war was and what the name implies.

"The term "cold" is used because there was no large-scale fighting directly between the two sides, although there were major regional wars, known as proxy wars, supported by the two sides. The Cold War split the temporary wartime alliance against Nazi Germany, leaving the Soviet Union and the United States as two superpowers with profound economic and political differences." - Cold War - Wikipedia
You're right about the Cold War definition.
The only US vs. Soviet combat that I've heard of was in Korea where reportedly Soviet MiG pilots fought against US pilots.
Also it was believed that Soviets helped run SAM launchers and radar in North Viet Nam.
No doubt there were other skirmishes as well.

Yeah I'm sure your personal experience negates all historical data on the period.

The only thing that didnt happen during the Cold War was that nukes did not get used in anger. Plenty got set off to show the other side we were serious but when you are getting shot at it doesnt matter if its a Vietnamese , Korean, Soviet or Czech soldier pulling the trigger if the other side is getting all its direct support from a superpower. The Cold War was only cold if you werent in it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top