JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, Egypt used to be the wool capital of the world up until they built the Aswan High damn and the irrigation and flooding changed. No more Egyptian wool of cotton, or much of any thing else these days! Sad when you stop to think about it, here is a country that could be great again!

i went huntin today. coulda used some kirkland socks! i had my hanes socks on and my seal skinz in my backpack just incase. kirkland makes some BadAnus socks for sure!

It's really sad when a bunch of old fart's sit around and talk about socks but now that you mentioned it last Sunday I bought two packages to wear with my new steel toe work shoes. They are thicker for cushion and my feet sweet. Good socks but just a funny topic.

In a herculean effort to get this thread BEYOND socks.... Yes, I do try to buy US made if possible but it is a real challenge these days. I paid more but am happy that two of my recent purchases were US made Redfield scope and Aero Precision mount, also some mags. Wouldn't it be nice if Levi 501s were still made in the US? I like Filson a lot but much of their line is now from overseas.

Brutus Out

In a herculean effort to get this thread BEYOND socks.... Yes, I do try to buy US made if possible but it is a real challenge these days. I paid more but am happy that two of my recent purchases were US made Redfield scope and Aero Precision mount, also some mags. Wouldn't it be nice if Levi 501s were still made in the US? I like Filson a lot but much of their line is now from overseas.

Brutus Out
The Carhartts I have been getting are made in the USA. Just thr double front work pants.

The Carhartts I have been getting are made in the USA. Just thr double front work pants.

+1:)

My carharts have held up for a VERY long time - some close to ripping at the rivet points but they feel like soft pajamas so I keep them around.

Bought way more expensive jeans in the past and they always wore out in a year or less.

Few of my carharts got used day in and out for a couple of years straight and those are the ones showing some wear.

I still swear by the Carhart double fronts! I have worn them constantly the last few years, and have found them to out last every other brand out there regardless of cost. My summer work is very hard on my work clothes and I added a set of leather chaps and knee pads to this to keep the punctures and abrasions to a minimum! Winter time, I have the Carhart insulated bib overalls, and they work just as well!

It's really sad when a bunch of old fart's sit around and talk about socks but now that you mentioned it last Sunday I bought two packages to wear with my new steel toe work shoes. They are thicker for cushion and my feet sweet. Good socks but just a funny topic.

Well actually, the thread was about buying "American Made". I want to get the word out as I think all ages,for the most part, appreciate comfortable socks!

Brutus Out

Kind of ashamed to admit it, but my pants drawer only contains TWO pair of Docker type pants, and the rest are 501 Shrink to Fit. Been wearing the same 36 x 34 for probably 20 years.

And I don't mind thread drift. He!!, we can turn this into a "What's Made in America" thread for all I care!

Saw them at Costco yesterday and instantly grabbed a few pairs but but they wouldn't fit my feet at all. M-L all good when your foot is 9-12 but at 17 its hard to find good socks that fit well. Luckily all my stuff that i find "Made In America" like New Balance gear i wear.

Saw them at Costco yesterday and instantly grabbed a few pairs but but they wouldn't fit my feet at all. M-L all good when your foot is 9-12 but at 17 its hard to find good socks that fit well. Luckily all my stuff that i find "Made In America" like New Balance gear i wear.

You got a size 17 foot:eek:.

I bet that's a pita finding comfortable footwear:confused:.

Growing up with a size 11 that ended up at 12 I was the odd ball and anything 13 or over has to be special ordered most times.

Now it seems half the kids I meet have size 13-14+...

Growing up with a size 11 that ended up at 12 I was the odd ball and anything 13 or over has to be special ordered most times.

Size 13 here. Makes finding proper fitting socks and shoes difficult at times. Thankfully many stores do carry shoes in size 13.

One thing a podiatrist told me is that people's feet grow throughout their lives and continue to grow for decades. He also said most folks wear shoes that are too small for their feet. I wore 12's for a long time, he moved me up into 13 and it was actually a nice change, much more comfortable.

Sheesh.... Kids today!

image.jpeg

Yup, PITA.

I paid a good bit a while ago while at UCLA in their athletics department where its an underwater treadmill with dots on my feet and cameras at all angles which i have the file for so when i call New Balance i just have to give them my shoe "ID Code" and they make it for me. All American made and the last pair ran $180 but worth every penny. I figure most people of your life is either on your feet or on your back so if it is comfortable i'll spend anything i can in America

I have had the BEST luck with ASICS running shoes. I tend to run/walk on the outside edge of my feet, and ASICS makes their soles in such a way that encourages my feet to use the entire sole area thus reducing foot fatigue mile after mile after mile.

;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class