JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a small package of fire crackers in my "survival" box for this reason. Lighter than ammo and safer than live rounds for any search and rescue teams who may be approaching.
There are a number of blank and flare signaling rounds you can buy for various firearms. I have some, but I've not used them. For flares or firecrackers, you want to be careful during fire season. Firecrackers need to be stored in some kind of waterproof container because they are usually just black powder inside a cardboard/paper shell.

I've only ever needed two rounds to take a game animal, all but one deer succumb to the first shot, one didn't because I shot it through the neck (finished it on the run with a shot through the shoulder) - although to finish one deer with my .22 handgun took multiple shots.

I do carry at least 10 rounds of hunting ammo, and more of special ammo - usually light slow cast bullet loads in a pouch, for small game and some flare rounds for signaling if I get lost/injured.

I think he meant you made it onto his ignore list.

I have been through some training as a LEO, and I have been in some life threatening situations and kept my head about me - but still, a big old grizzly momma charging you, much less a boar, is probably going a lot more scary than your response to an armed human. I've seen trained people panic in emergency situations, so I tend to not second guess people who are charged by bears with big teeth and claws that weight 3 to 4 times what they weigh and are faster to boot. After all, the guy did resolve the issue in his favor - the bear is dead and he isn't. I think that counts as a win.

YMMV
As I've said, I've no idea how I would react to a charging bear. But you can still prepare.
That's all I've been saying.
I know a grizzly is no joke. 1000lbs moving at 30mph making 10' bounds. I'm sure it would freak me out. But not enough to make me fire from the hip 4 times. Four.
He's lucky.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads