JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One more question, if you don't mind - are you able to add and remove firearms yourself, without having to go through them for a fee each time?

Yes I can do that all myself. NFA/Title II items go on my Schedule A. Title I items go on my Schedule B. It is just a matter of updating the proper schedules.

How adding other trustees? More fees?

Yes, I can add or remove trustees myself. There are no additional fees.

I hope that helps.

So to confirm you can put fire arms in your trust? Because that is something that would be very important to me. Especially for my great grandfathers that was passed down.

On the Trust that was drafted by Northwest Law Group, regular Title I firearms, and accessories (e.g., scopes, magazines, etc.), can be held by the Trust. They are listed in a separate schedule. I was advised to just keep a spreadsheet of those items (I already did) and print out and add to my Trust folder whenever a firearm was added or dropped.

Last Edited:
Yes I can do that all myself. NFA/Title II items go on my Schedule A. Title I items go on my Schedule B. It is just a matter of updating the proper schedules.

Yes, I can add or remove trustees myself. There are no additional fees.

I hope that helps.

That is helpful, thank you.

Glad to help. And if there are any other questions you have, I would be happy to address them as best I can. :)

I do have one more question - and you're welcome to give no answer at all, or if you want, answer in a PM to me if you'd rather not say on the open forum. That question is, if you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your cost for that silver level trust? Looking at their website, it looks like the trust that can do what I'm hoping, I'm just curious how expensive it is.

Okay, I found the pricing on their website - whoa, I wasn't prepared for that - $750 for a silver trust for a married couple. That's definitely not going to happen, at least not right now. Bummer it has to be so damn expensive for some paperwork.

Out of curiosity, I did check our records, and it was more like three hundred less than that. So they did jack up the prices. Ugh.

I could probably swing $300, but not over double that. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Too bad because that Silver trust is just what I'm looking for.

Thanks for all the info @CountryGent I will have to think about that. The cost is about 1/3 of what I have been quoted. which is way better but dang I can't believe they take advantage of us poor blue collar guys and gals like that. :confused:

There is some useful info in this thread but here is what I have been thinking of doing for a while now. It costs less than the sliver mentioned above and is prepared and backed by a highly rated firearm law firm. Take a look.

Gun Trusts & NFA Assist - Alex Kincaid Law Firm

Still out of my price range at the moment. I may just have to consider a NFA-only trust until I can set aside $500-$1,000 for an attorney created one :(

I went with 199trust.com sometime ago. You might want to look at some of the information they have: NFA Gun Trust - Now Only $79
I use mine for just NFA items, but I am under the understanding I can add other items if I choose.
I too set mine up with 199trust, and also just for my SBR. You can add a weapon to the trust but should you die the NFA items require special consideration as to who the beneficiaries are. Other guns can be transferred much more simply.

A bit late, but I should mention I went with the trust from @Sporting Systems Of the ones I researched, I really liked it not only for the much better cost compared to others, but also because their trust is set up not only for NFA items, but has sections for regular firearms to be put on the trust too, something I really wanted in a trust. @SKrueger turned me on to the Sporting Systems trust, he got the same one.

I would highly recommend the Sporting Systems trust for those who are interested. As I recall, the cost was $220, a great value for what you get.

A bit late, but I should mention I went with the trust from @Sporting Systems Of the ones I researched, I really liked it not only for the much better cost compared to others, but also because their trust is set up not only for NFA items, but has sections for regular firearms to be put on the trust too, something I really wanted in a trust. @SKrueger turned me on to the Sporting Systems trust, he got the same one.

I would highly recommend the Sporting Systems trust for those who are interested. As I recall, the cost was $220, a great value for what you get.

Not mistaken it was $200

1514792560079.jpg

Joking, of course. Glad it worked out, friends. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top