JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to try my luck at some Salmon fishing next week in Yaquina bay up by Sawyers. I've Salmon/Steelhead fished quite a bit in the rivers (bank, driftboats) but never trolled for them before. I've talked to some people and did some research about what rigs to use, but any other tips would be great. I don't have a big fancy boat either, but have crabbed in the same area out of the boat I have and it did fine.

I'm going to try my luck at some Salmon fishing next week in Yaquina bay up by Sawyers. I've Salmon/Steelhead fished quite a bit in the rivers (bank, driftboats) but never trolled for them before. I've talked to some people and did some research about what rigs to use, but any other tips would be great. I don't have a big fancy boat either, but have crabbed in the same area out of the boat I have and it did fine.

I only have 1 tip for you. Don't ever look the fish god's in the eye and blink or you will forever be banned. I fished out of boats for years on the coastal rivers/bays. Here's my story. One of the very first times I went Fall Salmon Fishing I had "fish on" in less than an hour and the fish was close to the boat. I thought from all I'd heard that it was going to be a big long lasting fight and was disappointed how quickly I was getting this fish to the net so in the interest of prolonging the event I gave the fish some slack, he broke the line swam away and in ALL the remaining years that I fished the coast I NEVER hooked another fish!!!! It was a lesson learned but way too late!

Arrgghhh

We went out in the ocean the last two days and brought in 8.. As for the river im not sure how well its gonna b as its a little early. Crabbing has been outrageous so definately bring your pots and let em soak while your trolling

A friend and I went yesterday- no luck. We heard of one being caught up by the airport, but we were trolling from Sawyer's to 31. The crabbing was good though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top