JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the private range experience. But, there is one RSO that truly believes he is the only one capable enough to own a gun. Everyone else is an incompetent idiot and should hire him as a body guard. I have witnessed him screaming at people, bullying, and on one occasion he reached around one young lady and snatched a loaded gun out of her hand because he didn't like the way she was holding it. Proceeded to humiliate her for putting her left thumb over her right. Screaming at her that the slide would "rip her thumb off", she was shooting a revolver.

Soured me on that range for a while.
Kenmore? Went there once decades ago and never went back.

I followed this thread for awhile when its first started in August.

Recently I ran across an old training video on YouTube of Col. Jeff Cooper and the 4 rules of firearm safety.

He talks about Rule 1 and what he has to say is totally relevant to this discussion. It's not that he says anything new - but he puts a "perspective" on this safety rule that is "gold".

Here's the link to the vid - watch from 0:49 to 2:34. Gotta love the Colonel.

(Jerry Miculek has a couple of vids where he does a similar thing - reiterates the well-known safety rules - but puts "perspective" on them from his decades of experience - and that perspective is invaluable. If I can find one of them again, I'll post the link.)
EX-FOOKIN-ACTLY!

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews