JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@titsonritz is a NV geek, maybe he knows?
That's NV geek extraordinaire, mister.

At 400 lumens with 820 candela, the XVL2 white light is pretty weak by comparison to lights such as Modlite and Cloud Defensive. It is pretty common for multi-spectrum lights/lasers/illuminators to be lower in power next to their dedicated unit counterparts. For comparison, the OKW puts out 680 lumens with 69,000 candela. I can easily PID threats out to 300 yards with my OKW, the XVL2 won't do it at 35 yards especially when it comes to defeating photonic barriers.

I would say it is barely adequate for close range indoor use as long as it is not put up against a stronger light that will push it around.

A little primer on white lights if you are not familiar with some of the terms...
https://www.primaryarms.com/blog/We...UTTON_1&utm_campaign=20_01_AD11_TacFlashlight

Last Edited:
That's NV geek extraordinaire, mister.

At 400 lumens with 820 candela, the XVL2 white light is pretty weak by comparison to lights such as Modlite and Cloud Defensive. It is pretty common for multi-spectrum lights/lasers/illuminators to be lower in power next to their dedicated unit counterparts. For comparison, the OKW puts out 680 lumens with 69,000 candela. I can easily PID threats out to 300 yards with my OKW, the XVL2 won't do it at 35 yards especially when it comes to defeating photonic barriers.

I would say it is barely adequate for close range indoor use as long as it is not put up against a stronger light that will push it around.
I have the okw, phlv2, and 5K as well as a x400vh irc, I know it's not even going to be close to the okw that I have on my mcx at the moment but I'm really looking at cutting weight. How does it compare to the x400vh in your opinion as I've been pretty happy with its performance @350 lumin and 12,500 candela on my apc

I have the okw, phlv2, and 5K as well as a x400vh irc, I know it's not even going to be close to the okw that I have on my mcx at the moment but I'm really looking at cutting weight. How does it compare to the x400vh in your opinion as I've been pretty happy with its performance @350 lumin and 12,500 candela on my apc
The X400VH suffers from the same issue as all the other multi-spectrum devices, they are just light on juice. It is better than the XVL2, for comparison the X400U is 1000 lumens pushed with 11,300 candela. Like everything it is all about the trades-offs and whether it fits your personal parameters. For me personally, I'd rather sacrifice an NV laser and illuminator than give up performance of my white light. Again, for me, I want my white light to be able to push past anything my adversary has and boil their eyeballs in theirs sockets. The multi-spectrum devices just don't do that...yet. Could just use the laser in the face but there are downsides there too.

The X400VH suffers from the same issue as all the other multi-spectrum devices, they are just light on juice. It is better than the XVL2, for comparison the X400U is 1000 lumens pushed with 11,300 candela. Like everything it is all about the trades-offs and whether it fits your personal parameters. For me personally, I'd rather sacrifice an NV laser and illuminator than give up performance of my white light. Again, for me, I want my white light to be able to push past anything my adversary has and boil their eyeballs in theirs sockets. The multi-spectrum devices just don't do that...yet. Could just use the laser in the face but there are downsides there too.
So what would your ideal 11.5 mcx nv gun have on it? For you personally

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads