JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I use folders for both private messages and subscribed threads to keep organized. PMs translate to "conversations" in the new software, and subscribed threads translates to "watched threads". That's just terminology, which is fine. What seems to be missing is the ability to organize subscribed/watched threads and PMs/conversations. Are there any plans to create or install an addon for Xenforo which will add organizational functions for private messages and subscribed threads?

Conversation Essentials looks promising. It looks like the thread prefixes feature for conversations is intended to be a substitute for folders in a rudimentary fashion, to allow you to label conversations and keep them more organized. Here's to hoping you enable the prefixes for our user group. :p

I can live with this, and hopefully going forward, more development effort will go towards enhancing the organizational facilities for conversations and watched threads. It wouldn't have to be folders either, labels or tags of some sort would work pretty much the same. Hmmm, maybe I should try my hand at creating an addon to do that.... :)

Prefixes will definitely be enabled for all user groups :)

I've noticed a trend away from email folders by a few online email providers, and toward a threaded view such as what XenForo does. We'll see how it works and go from there.

I definitely agree that the threaded view is superior and the way to go. And that does reduce the need for labels/folders, since all replies and followup to the original message is in the same thread.

Yep. I think the theory behind it is you only need one long 'thread' for each person with which you talk.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews