JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want you guys to answer what I can't seem to find. I have an Oregon ccw. In june I will be going to Wyoming to visit Yellowstone. I know WY doesn't honor OR ccw. Is there a way to get a ccw on-line that WY honors. Idaho does not issued ccw's to nonresidents. Help me out guys.

A non-resident Utah permit would do the trick, but more than likely you don't have enough time to take the course and receive the permit. However, according to the website, open carry is permitted. And trust me, the good folks of Wyoming are certainly gun friendly. Just be aware of the restricted places where you cannot carry, either open or concealed.

Enjoy Yellowstone. If you have time, travel the Beartooth highway out of the northeast entrance. Its unbelievable!

from www.handgunlaw.us
Permits/Licenses This StateHonors
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Montana
Missouri
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
West Virginia
Wyoming
Honors Non Resident Permits/Licenses of the states they honor.

A Utah or Florida permit would cover you...I'm not sure who gives a Utah or FLA CHL class in your area...and then by the time you submit your paper work and wait for the approval you wouldn't have you new CHL back in time any way.

I've been reading the WY regs, I think in the car I will just have it near but not concealed on me and open carry anywhere else I feel necessary.

I've been reading the WY regs, I think in the car I will just have it near but not concealed on me and open carry anywhere else I feel necessary.

I will also be visiting Yellowstone in June. I plan to OC while there. Note: OC in the car is legal without a permit in Wyoming.

From the Yellowstone National Park Website:

WYOMING:
Open Carry Allowed
Handgun = Yes
Rifle = Yes
In Vehicle = Yes
Age Requirement = None
Concealed Carry Allowed - Permit Required for Non-Residents
Person = Yes
Vehicle = Yes
State Reciprocity = 23 states
Age Requirement = 21 years of age