JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell him to f' off an go to the Sheriff.

How can I obtain a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) license?
  • Contact your county sheriff's office or, if you are a resident of an incorporated city, your city police department, for information on obtaining a CCW license. They can answer your questions and provide you with a copy of their CCW license policy statement and the CCW license application. If you live within an incorporated city, you may apply to the police department or the county sheriff's office for a CCW license. However, only residents of a city may apply to a city police department for a CCW license.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#4

Getting a concealed carry permit in most counties in CA is a heavy lift. The "just cause" discretion can be interpreted very broadly. Which is a bigger obstacle than a psych exam. If a person is "normal," that is.

A California LEO hates guns. What else is new?

In 1984 or so, I was living on the central coast of California and I called my local city police department and talked to the Chief himself about the possibility of getting a concealed permit.

"I'm not comfortable with citizens carrying guns on the street. I'd say no."

This news doesn't surprise me at all.

Considering all the nut job spree shooters, is this measure so inconceivable?

I can almost guarantee, legislation will be proferred to restrict anyone on psyche meds from owning a gun. That's about 40 percent of the US at present.

Which I actually support. Why would you let nutjobs have firearms?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top