JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,

I heard on the Youtube channel ForgottenWeapons that these were available. I'd love to pick one up but just dropped a bunch of money into a different project.

Maybe somebody on here can snag a WWII M1 Carbine

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Too bad some of those couldn't "talk". I'd love to hear some of the stories.....
If they could talk, you would need to understand Ethiopian because that is where they were imported from.

Had one of these once, think I paid 50 bucks for it and by these standards, I would guess it would have been rated in excellent condition, though well used. I think it was made by GM that is what I remember being stamped on it. Eventually sold it because I never shot it. Don't even remember what I sold it for, maybe 75 bucks but that was like 30 yrs ago.

Last Edited:
Wow, nice to see that they're available, but they're certainly not cheap.

I was just reading the SKS thread, brings back some memories. Carbines used to be cheap and plentiful. A lot of people looked down on them because of that, and the fact that they were either loved or hated by GIs. Back then, an AR15 was worth probably 5 or 6 M1 Carbines. It's funny how things change.

I love my old carbine, bought it in the late '80s for $125. I have no idea how many thousand rounds I've put through it, and who knows how many rounds it saw between '43 and when I got it. Just a couple years ago I got the idea to replace the springs. I was surprised how much of a difference that made.

It's on one of there videos on the link. They show you how its put on .
I forgot about that, yes they do.

Also, not too impressed so far, as of yesterday, they hadn't even gone and picked mine yet, 3 days later. They charged me Monday though.... I'm putting it down to them being very busy and trying to deal with the pandemic distancing, which is fair. But they had seemingly taken my email address down incorrectly over the phone, and have no way of changing it, so i won't get the invoice over email, or the tracking for the shipment :eek:

They are not in original configuration. All of them seem to have gone through a post war rebuild with adjustable sights, bayonet lug barrel band, and switch safety before going to Ethiopia. Still, it's about average price for them these days and they seem to be in decent shape.

They are not in original configuration. All of them seem to have gone through a post war rebuild with adjustable sights, bayonet lug barrel band, and switch safety before going to Ethiopia. Still, it's about average price for them these days and they seem to be in decent shape.
Seems some of them did, some didn't, they appear to have the gamut of configs.

Well, my FFL received it in, handpicked, very good to excellent, Winchester. Can't go and get it at the moment, but the quick pics looked great, he said the barrel was excellent and from what i can see, it's a mid 1944 version and i'm pretty happy with the visual condition - it's filthy and will stand a fun time cleaning, but i'm pretty happy with what i've seen/heard so far.

Well, my FFL received it in, handpicked, very good to excellent, Winchester. Can't go and get it at the moment, but the quick pics looked great, he said the barrel was excellent and from what i can see, it's a mid 1944 version and i'm pretty happy with the visual condition - it's filthy and will stand a fun time cleaning, but i'm pretty happy with what i've seen/heard so far.

Congratulations. Would love to see pictures when it's all cleaned up.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top