JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$50
City
Salem area
State
Oregon
Zip Code
One of the last of my boat anchor radios. Picked this up 3 years ago in a large lot of vintage radios.
I rebuilt the 120vac power supply (original 28v supply had been replaced) and performed alignment on all bands. Works good.

Radio was originally painted black but repainted grey in the past. Has some oxidation on case. An ugly duck for sure but works good.
These radios were used during WWII on transport (C-47) and bomber (B-17, B-24, etc...) aircraft in conjunction with a transmitter.
Below is a couple scans from the service manual that gives description and frequency coverage. The radio skipped the old AM Broadcast Band but it will cover the top 250 kHz of the modern AM Broadcast Band.

Turned it on this afternoon about 4pm after sitting 2.5 years and received a Non Directional Beacon just above 220 kHz, WWV at 2.5, 5, 10 & 15 MHz, Amateur Radio operators using AM and SSB and digital on 80 mtrs, CW and SSB on 40 mtrs, CW and digital on 30 mtrs, CW, digital and SSB on 20 mtrs and digital on 17 mtrs. Also, lots of short wave broadcast in between.

Radio comes with a vintage set of high impedance headphones, modern battery powered amplified speaker and PDF file of original service manual.
I'm in the Salem area and you can even try it out if you want.

Click on images to enlarge.

Own a piece of history.
Price reduced from $100 to
Now $50

Please contact me by PM.

Z8nuqnd.jpg

NswiGUz.jpg
KsQjcQx.jpg
ct7vvLk.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
SUPER X,
It's made by Wells-Garner.

UnionMillsNW,
This receiver is not a good candidate for a restoration since modifications have been made.

Some years ago I had a complete SCR-287 radio set. The set was also called the "Liaison Set" for communications from aircraft to base. This was the high power set. There was also another set of radio gear on board called "Command Set" for communication between aircraft. These were smaller lower powered sets.

The SCR-287 consisted of a BC-348 receiver, BC-375 transmitter, Antenna Tuning Unit, TU-xx Transmitter Tuning units & PE-73 Dynamotor. there was also original service manuals and spare part kits. Condition of all equipment was like they just came off the assembly line. I sold the complete set around 2005. Now that would have been the set to put in a restored B-17!

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top