JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to watch both videos, even though they're exactly the same. Just can't get enough of those WWII warbirds! :s0116:

You evil, evil man! ;)

Are you familiar the area known as LFA7 near Mount Snowdon in Wales?
It's a Low Fly Area where military aircraft bust moves through the valley at very low altitude and at high speed?
I had a co-worker a few years ago who was also a professional photographer who got some great shots from the side of the mountain in that valley.
Though not what we think of as traditional warbirds, they are warbirds of the modern age. I could post a couple, with attribution, of course...

Last Edited:
You evil, evil man! ;)Are you familiar the area known as LFA7 near Mount Snowdon in Wales?
It's a Low Fly Area where military aircraft bust moves through the valley at very low altitude and at high speed?
I had a co-worker a few years ago who was also a professional photographer who got some great shots from the side of the mountain in that valley.
Though not what we think of as traditional warbirds, they are warbirds of the modern age. I could post a couple, with attribution, of course...

Ah yes, we call it 'The Loop'. You have a similar location in the US where an F18 crashed a short while back. :(

Yes, that's what he called it. Mach Loop if I recall correctly...

From my former co-worker Andrew Hardiman, copyright by Andrew Hardiman Photography.
He said he had to climb up the side of the mountain in some very steep terrain to get to a position to take these shots.
I think they're just freak'n awesome!

AHP_Eagle sky.jpg

AHP_Eagle thru bwlch exit.jpg

Yup. Never been there, me. I have very little interest in modern jet warbirds, unless, of course, you count the remarkably beautiful Russian stuff like the SU35 and so on... I was the operations officer on a RAF fast jet recce squadron as my first Captain post, and owe a lot of my deafness to the habit we all had of 'watching the boys go by.........'

I'm old school, nothing says American A.F. like a Shark Mouth P-40E and that wonderfully messed up Allison V1710!
If ever I had the chance to own a warbird, that would be the one for me! Spent a bunch of time working on one of those Allison's, learned a lot, and why they had so many problems! Irony of it is, it's a pretty easy fix, but apparently, they didn't understand the problems, or didn't care, just crank them out as fast as they could! :s0001:

Here's the Mighty Fin in action with a full reheat take-off.

1. Make sure there is nobody else in the house.

2. Turn up the volume to max.

3. Hide the animals.

Here ya go.........................

Two Minutes of Aviation Majesty

For WW II aviation buffs, this is something to see. If you weren't able to make it to England July 12-13, 2014 at The Imperial War Museum in Cambridgeshire to see it in-person, watching this 2:30 minute video might send chills up your spine.

Legends 2014 Trailer from chris g on Vimeo
Very cool! If anyone is ever in vicinity of madras Oregon check out the air museum. Lots of wwii planes there and they even offer rides in wwii fighters. Really neat museum.

Last Edited:
I was fortunate enough to buy part of a collection of aircraft models a couple of weeks ago. They are mostly balsa wood with a couple of plastic models. These were built by a gentleman over the course of about 20 years. They are far from perfect and may have incorrect markings, but I consider them art and am glad to have them.

There are about 7 more than are not in the picture. They are hanging in my shop right now, but I will be moving them into my house office for the winter. Less than $ 180 for all of them.

airplane models.jpg

All I get to see is what ever it is the Oregon Air National Guard fly. A couple to several times a week. I don't know if they are takeoffs and landings? Being just a couple miles South of PDX. They are flying low and slow, turning to land and can be pretty close to over my house. Close enough we can hear them adjusting flaps. Then they go vertical as they turn to line up with the runway. Then hit the throttle to compensate for the drop while their vertical. Some dick neighbor(s) in the hood have tried to get The Air Guard booted from PDX a couple/three years ago. He spent money on a huge billboard a couple blocks from our house with a number for people to call to complain

All I get to see is what ever it is the Oregon Air National Guard fly. A couple to several times a week. I don't know if they are takeoffs and landings? Being just a couple miles South of PDX. They are flying low and slow, turning to land and can be pretty close to over my house. Close enough we can hear them adjusting flaps. Then they go vertical as they turn to line up with the runway. Then hit the throttle to compensate for the drop while their vertical. Some dick neighbor(s) in the hood have tried to get The Air Guard booted from PDX a couple/three years ago. He spent money on a huge billboard a couple blocks from our house with a number for people to call to complain

'Jet noise - the sound of Freedom!'

'Live with it, Buster, or relocate' - would be my response to that klutz.

Idiots like that are why we can't have nice things like the twin race tracks, drag racing, and such! Portland speedway was a happenin place till the NIMBY, s got all bent and complained! So the pussies in PDX were forced the shut it down, and eliminate the big drag races too! Then they got all bent about the A.N.G. flying saying it is too loud! They need to move, or should never have bought there in the first place!

They think it's loud now, should have been around when a flight of 6 F-4s would take off at the same time, THAT was loud! :D

Neighbor probably thinks there is no need for such planes. "If we just be nice, everyone will be nice to us." Argggggg....

You said loud? For anyone that was at Oshkosh in 2018, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of The Bone taking off after they scrubbed the airshow. I was just walking away from the flight line when this happened. For those that were not there, enjoy watching about $150,000 of fuel being turned into noise through just this climb out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top