Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS Remington Model 8 (with bonus Model 81 parts gun)

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by hoody, Nov 12, 2013.

1. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

Remington Model 8 (1924) with adjustable rear sight in great condition and a bonus incomplete Model 81 (1936). Both are chambered in .30 Remington. The Model 8 is complete and fully functional. The Model 81 is missing carrier pieces, but the barrels are interchangeable. Green suede case with sheep fur lining included. The Model 8 has been recently test fired. 15 rounds of factory Remington ammunition included (and five fired cases).

Both are semi-automatic with internal 5-round magazines and interchangeable take-down barrels.The Model 81 rear sight has been installed on the Model 8 (cosmetically imperfect fit but fully functional).

$650 FTF to legal Oregon resident. Please PM with questions or your phone number if you are interested.

Click here for an album of 19 photographs.

8oLNo61h.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. hoody

Price drop

3. hoody

Price drop

4. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Beautiful rifles! there used to be a gunsmith around who could convert them to detachable magazines, I guess any gunsmith probably could. Good luck they are sure nice.

hoody and (deleted member) like this.
  5. hoody

6. hoody

Bump

7. hoody

Bump

8. hoody

Bump

9. Willy1974

Willy1974 New Member

Must you be a legal Oregon resident to make an inquiry about these rifles?

10. rpatton

rpatton Graham WA Member

State lines do not bar "questions" just transfers without going through an FFL.. I love my model 81 and you can reload the 30 Remington with 30-30 dies a load data.

11. Willy1974

Willy1974 New Member

Nice rifles, to bad I live in CA. When it comes to reloading with 30 30 dies, I've read others that say you can, and others that say you can't or shouldn't, and now it's very hard to get the .30 rem. brass, I've looked everywhere, but I've just began, so maybe I find some soon? I wouldn't mind finding an 8, 81 in .35 rem. there's not much here in Bakersfield, Thanks

12. hoody

I am a reloader, but I haven't tried reloading .30 Rem yet. My understanding is that you can neck size using 30-30 neck sizer/seating dies. Or you can but FL die set for .30 Rem from RCBS for $60. I have a box of ammo, but you can buy new .30 Rem brass online a few different places, roughly $0.6 per case. Load data is same as 30-30.

I am open to FFL transfer to non-OR residents...the OR collectors have had their chance.

13. hoody

Bump

14. hoody

Price drop to $600

15. NORTHFORKER

NORTHFORKER New Member

Hi, new to this site. Interested in your rifles. Please reply so that we could talk about them. I live in Washington so we would need to discuss transfer. Thanks

16. NORTHFORKER

NORTHFORKER New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. Interested in your rifles. Please reply, I live in Washington so shipping would be involved.