JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
8mm
City
Nampa
State
Idaho
Hello, got my hands on a different K98k and it is time to let this one go.

This is a bnz42 Steyr produced K98k. All metal matches including the stock and handguard which is serialized in the barrel channel(have not gotten a chance to get a pic of the stock serial yet). I am a guy who can really appreciate battle ware on a rifle, and it took me a year to decide to sell this to fund a byf44 which looks almost brand new. I know this rifle will be special to someone else for this reason.

Stock is in great shape, no delamination, cracks, and it's not duffle cut. I added the sight hood and the cleaning rod is a little scuffed up but otherwise fine. Bore is good. Did not take a picture of this but the muzzle is flattened a little on one side(must have been dropped). Have not shot it to determine accuracy but I am not one to shoot my matching K98k's anyway. Some serials on the bolt and elsewhere had the last digit double stamped or mistamped 5/6, which demonstartes standard quality control issues at the Steyr factory where forced labor was used. I don't have the books but I believe the bnz stamping is "large font" and unusual for this year.

A truly all matching K98k which shows attractive service use and still in serviceable condition. Asking $3000 + ship. I am looking for a byf42 Luger + Cash. Not really looking for other trades at the moment. I have an original German sling at extra cost. Thanks for looking.

Pics -

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service