JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Sig Sauer
Caliber
9mm
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have an old school Sig Sauer P226, Made in West Germany for sale. Comes with original box and manual

Price is firm at $600
Cash sale only, transfer at Cut Above Pawn

1000004187.jpg 1000004182.jpg 1000004188.jpg 1000004189.jpg 1000004177.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
KE proof / assembly 1994

As part of the 1990 Reunification Treaty negotiations, West German manufacturers expressed major concerns about diluting their reputation for "West German quality" as a result of the flailing former East German economy and manufacturing sector (famous for bringing you such manufacturing missteps as the Trabant auto) combining with theirs under a common market and currency. So when the 1990 Reunification Treaty was ratified, the German government allowed West German manufacturers to continue referring to their products as "West German-made" for a 5 year transition period. That made it legal for SIG Sauer to continue producing and exporting products marked "Made in W. Germany" through October 3, 1995 — which is exactly what they did. That's why it's possible to find SIG Sauer pistols marked "Made in W. Germany" with date codes up to KF, or 1995…"

That is one beautiful Sig right there . Assembled / proof 1994 , 5 years after the wall came down . A true classic and getting harder to find . This needs to go to a good home & I'm sure it will . Great deal & GLWS . :)
Thank you, it is definitely a piece of history. If I didn't already have another one from 1988, I would not be selling this one.

New guns just don't have the character ór a story to tell.

KE proof / assembly 1994

As part of the 1990 Reunification Treaty negotiations, West German manufacturers expressed major concerns about diluting their reputation for "West German quality" as a result of the flailing former East German economy and manufacturing sector (famous for bringing you such manufacturing missteps as the Trabant auto) combining with theirs under a common market and currency. So when the 1990 Reunification Treaty was ratified, the German government allowed West German manufacturers to continue referring to their products as "West German-made" for a 5 year transition period. That made it legal for SIG Sauer to continue producing and exporting products marked "Made in W. Germany" through October 3, 1995 — which is exactly what they did. That's why it's possible to find SIG Sauer pistols marked "Made in W. Germany" with date codes up to KF, or 1995…"
Funny you mentioned the Trabant. We used to call it the paper Jaguar. The other car called the Wartburg was not much better.

Back in the early 80s I had the opportunity to visit East Germany when communism was still going strong.

Funny you mentioned the Trabant. We used to call it the paper Jaguar. The other car called the Wartburg was not much better.

Back in the early 80s I had the opportunity to visit East Germany when communism was still going strong.
I like the body style of the late 50's Wartburg . My wife spent 1 year in Salzburg at college 1980 . Good times .

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.