JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What happened to there being a good old surplus or or low grade AK for sale anywhere and every where for cheap???
I've seen about a million in my lifetime from 250-400.
I've just always told myself "ehh I'll pick one up soon".
but now I look and everywhere has something fancy to say about theres and wants 600-1200..
I mean wtf there is no way I'm paying that kind of money for one.
has any of you seen aNY around lately?
:mad:

You missed the boat buddy, The $79 SKS's and $349 AKS's are long gone.

You dont have to pay that kind of money for one, You can just not have one.

Personally I dont think they are worth what they bring. When you look at what a $600 AK variant looks like VS a $600 just about anything else the AK looks like a bucket of bolts.

What happened to there being a good old surplus or or low grade AK for sale anywhere and every where for cheap???
I've seen about a million in my lifetime from 250-400.
I've just always told myself "ehh I'll pick one up soon".
but now I look and everywhere has something fancy to say about theres and wants 600-1200..
I mean wtf there is no way I'm paying that kind of money for one.
has any of you seen aNY around lately?
:mad:

I'd say you missed the boat by about 6 or 7 years, guy. AKs got popular again thanks to the War on Our Imaginations, then the Great O'Barry Scare of '08 and subsequent highly-televised mass shootings sealed the deal. It's over, man. Game over.

I'd say you missed the boat by about 6 or 7 years, guy. AKs got popular again thanks to the War on Our Imaginations, then the Great O'Barry Scare of '08 and subsequent highly-televised mass shootings sealed the deal. It's over, man. Game over.
I remember January of 08 being at the range sighting in my new cabelas 30-30 scope. (awesome for 99 dollars btw) and the guy next to me was shooting a brand new and I mean new AK he said he just purchased it an hour ago for 300 cash at the Clark County gun show (open every second Saturday of each month).
He also stated the guy he bought it from had a pile of them!
I should of just packed up and headed that way..:(

39?? When was this?
I'm starting to believe your much older than I sir. Lol
I belive last one I saw before everyone went crazy was around 125.:confused:

Im not that old (Mid 40's) , and it was not all that long ago. When you could buy them for $40 I didn't want one, Now that a good one is $200 Id like to have a few more. Go figure.

I remember walking into a gun store just outside of Roseburg about 1994. The guy had a 55 gal barrel full of SKSes with a price sign that read:
"$79.95 or 3 for $69.95 ea., lined barrels."
Still thick with cosmoline.
I shoulda bought the whole freakin' barrel full!

The AKs on the wall were $279-$329 IIRC.
Shoulda bought a half dozen or so of those too.

Cases of 7.62x39 for like 59.99

Live and learn I guess.

I wish I would have bought a pile of M44 Mosin Nagants when they could be had for $39

The M44 Mosin Nagant has achieved legendary status around the entire world. It has become a part of human culture, much like the AK-47 and AR-15.

Even young boys in Japan, who are unable to even own or shoot firearms, dream about the M44 Mosin Nagant.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_94tueogjap0k0kog0cwkk0ssw_1280.jpg

Not counting the tax stamp, you could buy a new full auto AR for about 50% more than a semi auto until 1986. I remember wondering why someone would pay $250 more for a rifle that would just waste bullets.

Keith

Back in the early 90's I saw a M134 minigun for sale in the Shotgun News for $20,000. It seemed like an absurd amount of money at the time ( I had just bought my first house for $37,500)

I think you would be hard pressed to buy one for less than $200K today. It may not have been the best investment you could have possibly made, But I bet any other way you could get a ten fold return on your investment would not be near as much fun.

I also remember a M45 quad .50 that was about the same dough.

What about those semi-auto 20mm"Lati (?)" Anti-tank rifles for $120.00 in the ShotGun News? All I could afford was a $5.00 a week, mail order $39.95 bolt action 20 GA.:(

But then a box of .22lr was .55 and had to last me all week.:eek:

Last Edited:
What about those semi-auto 20mm Anti-tank rifles for $120.00 in the ShotGun News? All I could afford was a $5.00 a week, mail order $39.95 bolt action 20 GA.:(

But then a box of .22lr was .55 and had to last me all week.:eek:

3.29 a Brick of 500 But Gas was also 9.9 cents a gal Filled a 20 gal tank for under $2

Good news! You can still buy guns, cars, stocks and bonds. All will make you huge money.
Just do your home work. Then buy and sell at the right time.

Or don't. And just complain when the price of something you want goes through the roof!

People will always try to get top dollar for their guns. Remember. The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.

I remember when things were a lot cheaper, but also I only made about $2.50 an hour. Now I make many times that and can afford much more expensive firearms, and more of them too (plus, I no longer have a wife that harps on me for spending the money I earn, and she doesn't, on things I want while she spent the money she DIDN'T earn, and I did, on things she wanted).

Plus, a lot of things you can get now, you couldn't get "back then".

Coulda shoulda woulda.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads