JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a couple carriers that need attention, so thought I'd ask if anybody has a key staking tool to sell, trade or loan me...This style:
0E292902-0604-47AB-9EF6-DDEF24844AF0.jpeg
Thanks!

Yep.. I actually read that before, that's why I want this style staker
I want to both seal, and stake my keys....
I have several I want to do this to, but want to make sure the staking is done right...
The three on the right are (R-L) factory Colt, BCM, and Noveske and I'll leave those alone...for now.
But the other three...one on far left I just got, and it doesn't appear sealed and has no staking, 2nd in is I believe a toolcraft that I run with a suppressor 99% of the time and with extra heat it makes sense to cover all bases... 3rd is an older BCG I bought as a spare...only "staked" with a center punch...and not pictured is another brand new colt carrier that I got stripped and needs fully assembled. I have new keys and bolts to put on those 4 using Y/Ms procedure + staking.
6494B53D-6379-40FF-855A-C2EAA1EEDA83.jpeg

I don't use a fancy staking jig personally...they weren't available when I was Training under a Master gunsmith and Machinist.
Staking has been done manually for 100 years on different bolt /screw heads and removing them later can be a pain in the butt.
Easily done with a sharp center punch as the whole idea is a metal contact "Brake" against the screw head.
The new Loctite® 2620 High Temperature High Strength Threadlocker is good to 650 degrees and with a properly torqued screw,(56-58 in./lbs) its not gonna move.
In over 40 years of Gunsmithing , i've never had one come loose yet Even on LEO M-16's I have repaired.
BTW, the sealant used by Youngs is 3H aviation permatex. Good stuff !

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.