JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if the dealer putting my address in wrong can cause a deny. I have a CCW in Washington have bought guns in the last 6 months and today I got a deny only thing I found wrong on paper work is the address got typed in wrong could this be why the deny???

I had an issue where my DL# was put in wrong. NICS didn't allow it and the FFL had to change it and submit it again. After that it went through. Maybe use I different FFL?

Does anyone know if the dealer putting my address in wrong can cause a deny. I have a CCW in Washington have bought guns in the last 6 months and today I got a deny only thing I found wrong on paper work is the address got typed in wrong could this be why the deny???
Yes that could do it but in Washington it's called a cpl

Welcome to the forum, but I can't help but think your first post isn't some sort of baiting op.

Why do you keep saying deny? Instead of denial? Or I got denied?

Did the cops show up and talk to you? This is standard procedure for any denial, the police are called and it is reported to them, unless the dealer isn't the most ethical.

Just a few thoughts and questions.

Welcome to the forum, but I can't help but think your first post isn't some sort of baiting op.

Why do you keep saying deny? Instead of denial? Or I got denied?

Did the cops show up and talk to you? This is standard procedure for any denial, the police are called and it is reported to them, unless the dealer isn't the most ethical.

Just a few thoughts and questions.
Good point I missed lol . delay is what I was thinking

I am 100% pissed then cabelas entered my address wrong and got a deny they told me FBI has nothing to do with address so thats cant be it. So you guys are 100% sure them entering my address wrong can make a a deny. Also sorry CPL i have been told no its a ccw I always thought it was CPL but some guy argued with me sorry now I know for sure.

Also no they did not call cops they gave me a paper to contact the fbi/nics

I said deny as that what it showed on there screen

I just dumb founded I am standing there with my weapon on me my CPL in hand and I get deny on the screen I was shocked.

I am 100% pissed then cabelas entered my address wrong and got a deny they told me FBI has nothing to do with address so thats cant be it. So you guys are 100% sure them entering my address wrong can make a a deny. Also sorry CPL i have been told no its a ccw I always thought it was CPL but some guy argued with me sorry now I know for sure.
It's different in every state .
But yes they give a wrong address will get you denied. Different every state this way CCL.CPL.CCP

Also my drivers License has a different address then my CPL do I give the NICs paper work my ID adress or me CPL one i am moving/ have two houses right now ???

I understand this is my first post been a reader none poster is that a crime to I am just a little worried as I did everything right as far as I know and i feel im getting trolled for being new here.

Well your cpl /ccl /clp has one address your driver's license has another YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT UP TO DATE YOU can't run around town with a gun and two or three different ID CARDS .

WAKE UP BRO
ITS A NEW WORLD OUT THERE

I am not sure if the FFL dealer putting the wrong address down for you would cause a delay or a denial...but if you do get denied , you can file an appeal....
The FBI has a NCIS Denial Appeal form online and a number to call...you might try there if you have been denied.

And with all that said...
I am not a lawyer , nor play one on TV....
Andy

I am not sure if the FFL dealer putting the wrong address down for you would cause a delay or a denial...but if you do get denied , you can file an appeal....
The FBI has a NCIS Denial Appeal form online and a number to call...you might try there if you have been denied.

And with all that said...
I am not a lawyer , nor play one on TV....
Andy
But he just said that he has two different address that's a red flag going to get you denied every time

He should have just gave his DRIVER license and took the delay but when he summit a driver license with one address and a CPL WITH ANOTHER ADDRESS .
DENIED!

Washington State law doesn't require you to update the address on your concealed pistol license when you move. However, if you'd like to voluntarily update your address, the process is the same as when you first applied. So know me owning two houses right now is not a problem with my CPL just FYI got that right off state website and I called cabales they dont call the cops or have two so GG on your part EPS.

But he just said that he has two different address that's a red flag going to get you denied every time

I have no doubt it does....Be that as it may ...
You can still file an appeal...they have the paperwork with all the information at gunshops...the FFL dealer should have given him ( the OP ) this information...
At least this was how it was when I worked at a pawn shop w / a FFL ....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top