JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a photo from a guy who bought TWO of them!!

Never seen a close up photo like this of this 1911 pistol before. Only $2,000 each.

14222153_1207084089332897_6228498135877361561_n.jpg

No.
I do like the 1911 design. ( Its my favorite pistol.)
Those are just too different for me.
I like mine a little more simple.
But then if we were stuck with just what I liked in guns ... We would have a lot fewer choices out there.
And I do like the idea of having many choices better than being stuck with someone's notion of what you can own.
Andy

I have a Dan Wesson CBOB. For a time I owned 2, one in 45, the other in 10mm. I can see why a person wants a pair, but not for me. I agree with Andy, these are a little futuristic looking for me.

It all comes down to how they feel, point and place rounds on target. No matter the initial cost should they be a real quality arm and not just eye candy. In a year or so they might look a more bit beat up, then continue to shoot well for another generation or so.
If they stay around long enough you have a keeper even after dropping them a time or two, it might even make them a bit more personal, kinda like getting a tattoo in the shooting game. Nobody wants it to happen but it does. So you just keep shooting a good gun and it keeps hitting as the years roll by.
Looks are just that, skin deep. If the weight and balance is right for you, that is what makes it a keeper. Dents, dings and price are optional.
Silver Hand

Somebody at CZ needs to look up the word 'discretion' in the dictionary. But I can't spell Czechoslovakia, so I guess we are even. They should have named it the Gaudy. If they were handing them out on a street corner I would certainly line up, but not for $2000. Similar but better is the STI Marauder:

5273593_07_nib_sti_special_edition_black__640.jpg

And If I had to blow serious money on an impractical Dan Wesson I would get the 10mm Titan:

PR24532b__40686.jpg

But my favorite offering, and if I was spending my money, is practical and classy with the lightweight bobtail Guardian in 38 super:

wm_7259622.jpg

I used to be a very traditional kind of guy when it came to the 1911 series. but with time, age, wisdom, and experience, I have come to the conclusion that the 1911 is still the King of fighting hand guns for the very reason that it can be had in so many variants, its sure to find some one who really digs it! I discovered the double stacks and "other's" then .45 and I really love that I can mix and match to make one my own, my own image of what I think a 1911 should look like and the cambering I like best! Would I choose one of those in the OP? NO, but I do love those STI's built with traditional looks and accessories! I have built 8 of the STI 80% ers, and every one is super cool, To me! That's really the bottom line, it cool for some one, and that's what counts!

Bobbed guns should not be called 1911s

Oh, get real. If you think along those lines, all you need to do would be add a different hammer or grip safety and then it's "not a 1911"... Even Colt made two different mainspring housings.
Me, I didn't like the bobbed grip 'til I held one. I thought it looked kinda dumb. It's not "supposed" to do anything but keep the corner of the grip from printing, but there is more to it than that. It fits my hand better than any other 1911 I've had my hands on, and that's quite a few. Just like a round butt S&W. (which I didn't like until I held one, either)
There are different tastes when it comes to what something looks like, which is the reason I don't really care for the DWs the OP posted, but I'm glad I got the chance to handle a bobbed 1911. I still own the first one I ever held.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top