JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have carried a XL voyager and showed it to a cop. He said as long as it has a pocket clip he is fine with it. Most knife laws won't be enforced unless they are looking to it as an additive to another crime to elongate prison times.

Oregon knife laws are pretty good; their gun laws used to be as well.

It's not ordinary knife . It a carried everyday Tool .

Well, the way that Oregon's state law is written, it is only legal to carry concealed an "ordinary" pocket knife. Unfortunately, the law does nothing to define what constitutes a pocket knife that is ordinary or is not ordinary.

Many lawyers have argued that the law is unconstitutionally vague.

glass - Half empty / Half full . You looking at it wrong, And your glass is more than half-full and is is overflowing .

Vagueness, of the Law written with unrecognizable clarity of definition fills your glass in your favor . The definition Is interpreted in the favor of the possessor of the EDC carry Tool /knife . With ( You Establishing Clarity ) of ' Ordinary Use ' , with good faith of your possession with your EDC Tool and your actions of .

Did you wake-up this morning with putting your EDC Knife/tool in your pocket for the intent of assault and mayhem ?

glass - Half empty / Half full . You looking at it wrong, And your glass is more than half-full and is is overflowing .

Vagueness, of the Law written with unrecognizable clarity of definition fills your glass in your favor . The definition Is interpreted in the favor of the possessor of the EDC carry Tool /knife . With ( You Establishing Clarity ) of ' Ordinary Use ' , with good faith of your possession with your EDC Tool and your actions of .

Did you wake-up this morning with putting your EDC Knife/tool in your pocket for the intent of assault and mayhem ?

No, it is mainly in my pocket to show off and brag to my friends how cool and pretty it is. People always ooh and awe when I bring it out:

DSC_0751a.jpg

I do need to find an EDC pocketknife that is a more practical tool, and also bigger than what I currently carry. My Mcusta is a beautifully crafted knife with an awesome blade, but it has a thin handle with such poor ergonomics that it is all but worthless for any anything beyond light cutting chores. So my current carry pocketknife is too little, and my Espada is too much.

I need to find something in the middle of these two extremes. Something larger than the Mcusta, but smaller than the Espada, that has good ergonomics in case I have to do some real heavy duty cutting.

That Mcusta is a good EDC cutter, (imho) only thing that would improve is having some partial Serration on cutting edge for Rope or Fabrics cutting . Mcusta is well made but not to expensive for a EDC and real work knife .

for the OP question .. a ' Folder ' of any size that in the pants pocket is a Work Knife . Any LE with half a brain will not question it . Pocket folders EDC are pisspoor choice for defensive or attack posture anyway . Any OR. LE that would make hassle over pocket folders of any shape or design is being a dickly Barney Fife .
Now it you have a nasty 10" sheathed blade on the belt as a EDC, hanging down that screaming .." look at me ". then you are looking for questions asked if 'situations arise' .
Big fixed blade just look like trouble . Only thing harder to make excuses for would be if your Muslim with a box cutter talking to TSA @ LAX .

Man Jewelry or a working knife ? . is main problem for me or i think most guys . Appreciation for beautiful craftsmanship with quality & High-$$ price in a Knife will not get carried for daily real use .
I have a couple pocket carries that are to nice pieces of art to really carry and really use on day to day basis . So they sit till I put on a pair of dress slacks & a shirt to carry them .
On my favorite brand EDC and in real life knife that gets used every day getting the finish worn off with crappy Scrapes, gouges & blade nicks, are Kershaws . You wear them down to scrap in year or maybe two then throw in trash and replace with a new one that is tight & factory edged .
-
hica7nk44i_zpsrvhzjuzf.jpg
-

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top