JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi I was wondering if there's a way to tell what grain this ammunition Is without opening the metal container. I am gonna be possibly looking to sell this ammunition. Any thoughts of the value? I was told around $900-$1,000. Any info would be appreciated

Here's the photos

20220311_002453.jpg 20220311_002428.jpg 20220311_002420.jpg 20220311_002245.jpg 20220311_002238.jpg

Spanish NATO spec 7.62x51 should be 147 grain
What does the ammo itself look like? If there's no corrosion it should be very good to go

Well if it's NATO it likely is 147gr but could also be 149gr. There is also a Spanish 7.62x51 that is stamped NATO but isn't NATO it's CETME. You might have to open it and check the boxes to see which it is. I would try to find the year it was made, where, and by who.

Hi I was wondering if there's a way to tell what grain this ammunition Is without opening the metal container. I am gonna be possibly looking to sell this ammunition. Any thoughts of the value? I was told around $900-$1,000. Any info would be appreciated
Buying or selling for $900-$1000?
If selling I shall not shat on your add
If buying, even ammoman.com may prove to be a better option.

According to Wikipedia.

"The 7.62×51mm CETME round is a variant of the 7.62×51mm NATO rifle cartridge with a plastic-cored lead bullet and a reduced propellant charge. The 7.62×51mm CETME is otherwise identical to the NATO standard. It was produced as a joint venture by the Spanish Government design and development establishment known as CETME (Centro de Estudios Técnicos de Materiales Especiales, or "Center for Technical Studies of Special Materials") and the German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch.

Description

In 1954, in Ottawa (Canada), the NATO's Experts Commission approved the foreground of 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge. Three years later, it finalized the specifications required for this ammunition. Subsequently, in 1962, this rule was changed.

Spain, isolated from the international community, continued to use the 7.92×57mm Mauser. From 1953 prototype cartridges begin to take place in 7.62×51mm. In 1955 this caliber is adopted and soon began to be mass-produced for the new CETME rifle. This cartridge did not meet NATO standards and was called 7.62×51mm Spanish. In the '60s, quality improved and became known as 7.62×51mm NATO-SPANISH. Only after 1988 were cartridges produced in Spain known as NATO–REGULAR and met NATO specifications."

F.N.P. = Fábrica Nacional de Palencia, Spain
SB= Santa Barbara

Decent ammo, non-corrosive, non-reloadable. Like jbett98 says, you have the "NATO-Spanish" version. I think what I had many years ago was the NATO-Regular. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary with it.

Not reloadable or really a collectors item. It is worth what someone will pay but I would think .70/ per rd would be a more marketable value.

I disagree (about the $0.70 per round for berdan primered brass 7.62 NATO). But, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Aloha, Mark

PS....Of course if this was a "Classified Ammo Ad".....I would NOT voice an opinion.

Last Edited:
It is worth what somebody will pay. In this climate with it being sealed up, I could easily see it going for .70/per rd. It doesn't mean you or I would pay it but I am sure somebody on here would buy if for that and feel they got a decent deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top