JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some selected gems:

I was a paramedic. In these conditions my knowledge was my wealth. Be curious and skilled. In these conditions the ability to fix things is more valuable than gold.

Items and supplies will inevitably run out, but your skills will keep you fed.

I wish to say this: learn to fix things, shoes, or people.

As for me, a supply of hygiene items is perhaps more important than food. You can shoot a pigeon, you can find a plant to eat. You can't find or shoot any disinfectant.

Let me give you a piece of advice: you need guns and ammo first – and second, everything else. Literally EVERYTHING! All depends on the space and money you have.

Hygiene is very important... as well as having as much medicine as possible. Especially antibiotics.

scary bubblegum there.

my girlfriends parents were slaves in Cambodia after the Vietnam war. the trick to staying alive then was be poor, dumb and mouths closed. some of the slave camps would allow you to grow a small garden but other camps would kill you for trying. rules changed so it was best to forage the area for small edibles. if you took anything, they would kill you. if you hid anything (no matter how small or meaningless), they would kill you. if you walked in a funny way they would kill you. when the north Vietnamese freed them her dad took up arms and went into the jungle to hunt the Khmer Rouge, who were the people that took over Cambodia after the American bombings. but by then you were more likely to step on a mine than get shot.

so even being prepared can get you killed. important to keep stores hidden and make sure to be stupid until convenient to be skilled. the Khmer Rouge asked people to contribute to society and killed the volunteers that offered to help. when food is rationed by the governing group make sure to eat everything you can, because it wont be enough.

Both the Bosnian's experiences and those of Ferfal's in the economic collapse of Argentina are in my opinion the two best survival guides written. They deal with actual experiences and not the fear mongering rhetoric put out by most survivalist sites.

maybe i should get the story from my girlfriends dad. the things i have been told are pretty scary and that all came to be when the Cambodian government made a decision that was suppose to make the country stronger and safer. many things seem to mimic what we are hearing in todays news.

maybe i should get the story from my girlfriends dad. the things i have been told are pretty scary and that all came to be when the Cambodian government made a decision that was suppose to make the country stronger and safer. many things seem to mimic what we are hearing in todays news.

Would like to hear about this.

Humans have been doing bad things to each other since the origin of the species.

While we here in the US have been born into a time of unprecedented [local] peace and prosperity, it does not pay to forget the nature of man and the history that comes with.

Would like to hear about this.

Humans have been doing bad things to each other since the origin of the species.

While we here in the US have been born into a time of unprecedented [local] peace and prosperity, it does not pay to forget the nature of man and the history that comes with.

ill see what i can do. he doesnt speak english so i will have to get my girlfriend or her brother to translate the conversation. who knows the foil hat party may love it even more lol. personally im a huge history buff so i think i would like to get a bit more detail about it too.

if you guys want to get the down and dirty on a dramatized version of the story you could check out "the killing fields". tells a story of a cambodian journalist that gets put into one of these camps. they get a bit liberal with some of the facts but you will get the point.

i will have to get down to questioning tomorrow, we will all have to wait for this guys story.

That has been posted here before but still a great read nonetheless. I wish i could remember what the title of the thread was.

The author actually joined the conversation and answered questions.

If i find the thread, I'll post a link.

Lefty.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top