JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This year a handyman did a little of the extra estate management chores for us. He happened to bring along a small electric powered splitter.

While skeptical initially, after watching the quiet efficiency during its use, the ease of working its way thru a couple cords was quite impressive.

Call yer local Bobcat dealers and see if they know anyone who's bought one of these and rents out his services. There's a couple here do that.

Having served my time with a Monster Maul, I could watch this vid all day.

Serious wood!

Call yer local Bobcat dealers and see if they know anyone who's bought one of these and rents out his services. There's a couple here do that.

Having served my time with a Monster Maul, I could watch this vid all day.

Serious wood!
I think they make log-splitters for the PTO on my John Deere, which may be an option once I'm old(er) and weak(er). Until then it's handiwork.

I can split wood with one finger. That is what it takes me to dial the phone and have this guy bring me a cord of split wood. I then use the finger again to call a couple of FFA boys to come stack it for
$ 40.

Good work for them and I get my exercise hauling it in.

This year a handyman did a little of the extra estate management chores for us. He happened to bring along a small electric powered splitter.

While skeptical initially, after watching the quiet efficiency during its use, the ease of working its way thru a couple cords was quite impressive.
Well, there's nothing easier than having someone else do it for you, but,...

If you haven't tried a froe, you really should.
Especially for making smaller pieces like kindling.

You can sit down, relax and make piles of the stuff with minimal effort.

thanks one & all....and more thanks to 'Siglvr' as he put me on to the Fiskars splitting axe.

Just worked thru a 1/4 cord to try it out. Impressive performance. Looks like I'm set for a long while now on splitting gear.

Q: "What's the sound of one hand clapping"?
A: "When you smack yer forehead in disbelief it took so long
to figure out you had to buy a new dang axe.....

Just the kinda thing ya shouldda bought YEARS ago.

o_O:cool:

thanks one & all....and more thanks to 'Siglvr' as he put me on to the Fiskars splitting axe.

Just worked thru a 1/4 cord to try it out. Impressive performance. Looks like I'm set for a long while now on splitting gear.

Q: "What's the sound of one hand clapping"?
A: "When you smack yer forehead in disbelief it took so long
to figure out you had to buy a new dang axe.....

Just the kinda thing ya shouldda bought YEARS ago.

o_O:cool:

facepalm_small.png

:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR