JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WE have determined that governments are a danger to themselves and others, and we demand they give up their guns!!!!!

Battle-of-Moores-Creek-Port-City-Daily.jpg

Red flag laws are the "third rail" for conservatives. We (in a collective, general sense), say of course we don't want people with serious and dangerous mental health issues to have guns. Seems reasonable. Then very poorly crafted laws are brought forward. We are evil and demonized if we oppose them (opposing for very valid reasons). I choose to believe the NRA understands this and is walking a very fine line between their supporters and the rest of the world. I respect if you disagree. This is on list for the enemy and media (often one in the same).

It's about the quick take away without good due process. Many will argue that there is due process, just not as I stand as we think it should be. Personally, I think we all know what a crazy ex is capable of (and that is not gender specific). Heck, maybe some of are even the crazy ex.

Trump was the best option, doesnt mean he was a good one. Cant say the same for the NRA. There exists better choices.

NRA helped kill IP43 in Oregon by running out the IP43 signature clock with their lawsuit. Trump was a great option, it's just that he offended many girly-men in the R party and because their feelings were hurt they will not support him. They hate him so much that they are willing to destroy the nation just so he can't win.

And on judges Trump is correct that we'd be FAR better off without many of them. They have done irreparable harm to the nation just during his term alone.

"Red Flag " Laws are a good idea on paper...but the way that many are written , makes it easy to abuse them.
While you can not make a law that covers "all bases" and situations , a well written law which covers specific situations and also spells out punishment for abuse , may be a answer.

Well that and enforcement of the same...I get tired of having an acre of laws on the books and no one or no way to enforce them...
Andy

As Andy mentioned these kind of laws always start out sounding good. What many gun owners fail to see is what do they expect? A large percentage of gun owners actively support anti gun elected people. A LOT of gun owners say they do NOT believe the 2nd is really a right. They believe it is a privilege, like a license to drive, that it's fine to give or deny. Then gun owners who say they do not believe the 2nd is a right, and vote to put anti gun politicians in office, stand back and act hurt when they lose????? Really?

Taking guns from people who are a danger to others is a good idea but it does have potential to be abused and the laws we've seen so far do not provide adequate protection from abuse. Hopefully more reasonable legislators will eventually have the power to modify the law to provide that protection.

In too many of the mass shootings, the shooter had multiple incidents that would have made a reasonable person believe they were a threat to others and should not have guns. The total number of such cases is probably low, but the media and hysterical people and politicians blow it out of proportion and pass these poorly written laws.

In my opinion, if someone is a danger only to themselves friends and family should try to help them - but law enforcement should not be involved.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top