Winchester SXP tactical

Reactions
I was in the Corvallis Bi-Mart at lunch and saw that they had a Winchester SXP 18" pump for $299. Very tempting since a HD shotgun is on my short list of things to get as a relatively new gun owner/shooter. After reading about it, I think I will wait and spend a little more and get a nice used Benelli Supernova or a Mossberg 500 series or Remington 870.

Reactions
I picked up the maverick 88 at bimart last week for under 200$. Same thing for me, first HD shotgun. Seems to be mossberg 500 stripped down. It is what it is, but the price is right for something I’ll hopefully never use. Not a range toy.

Reactions
The Winchester is a badge engineered import but they sure have slick actions and I have read a lot of good reviews on them, don’t let it being an import scare you as the Benelli is an import and both are built to better standards than modern 870s. The Maverick is a Mossy 500 made of parts sourced from Mexico but final assembly is in Texas, the main difference is the safety position and the slide tube, I have never heard bad about them from people who actually have them. As to made in America or not it’s a gray area now a days, some of the best shotguns are being built in Turkey now, the most American car you can buy is a Honda Odyssey followed by a lot of other “imports” while the bulk of American cars and trucks are built one country north or south.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom