JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The bolt in is place and the pump slide retracts about 1/5 of the bolt? The Safety if off and the rear button behind the trigger guard is pushed in, but the slide does not retract? I have not tried to assemble the barrel. Any ideas? THANKS !!!!!

The bolt in is place and the pump slide retracts about 1/5 of the bolt? The Safety if off and the rear button behind the trigger guard is pushed in, but the slide does not retract? I have not tried to assemble the barrel. Any ideas? THANKS !!!!!
Is the hammer cocked or down?

Are you sure you have your bolt back on correctly? Getting the firing pin seated properly can be a little tricky. The other thing... is.... I don't know how critical it is, but I learned to drop the trigger housing before completely removing the slide/bolt assembly... and in reverse... reinstalling the slide/bolt assembly before reinstalling the trigger group (making sure the hammer is fully down before reinstallation).

Not sure if that helps any, but order of operation might play a part(?)

the bolt does not line up with dorsal track inside receiver. yuk ! the bolt stops off center to the internal dorsal track in the receiver. the bolt only enters the receiver 1/5 where it hits off center the internal dorsal track in the receiver. new gun!!!

the bolt does not line up with dorsal track inside receiver. yuk ! the bolt stops off center to the internal dorsal track in the receiver. the bolt only enters the receiver 1/5 where it hits off center the internal dorsal track in the receiver. new gun!!!
Sounds like you don't have your firing pin seated properly behind the rear retainer tab(?) Hard to tell without actually seeing it.

I'll see if there's a decent YT on it.

Try this one. It's for a tactical, but they are both the same.

Excellent but the bolt will not retract into the receiver where there is an inside track inside the top of the receive; looks like the bolt hits the track off center and will not close. Only enters the receiver about less than a 1/2 inch.

Excellent but the bolt will not retract into the receiver where there is an inside track inside the top of the receive; looks like the bolt hits the track off center and will not close. Only enters the receiver about less than a 1/2 inch.
...and the trigger group has been removed before attempting to reinstall the assembly? I dont know if that makes a difference or not. I always follow the same proceedure and have never tried to reinstall the assembly with the trigger housing in place, but might be worth a try at least to rule out the possibility of some interference?

If it was installed when you bought it and functioned properly, it would seem to reason that it can be reassembled.

...and the trigger group has been removed before attempting to reinstall the assembly? I dont know if that makes a difference or not. I always follow the same proceedure and have never tried to reinstall the assembly with the trigger housing in place, but might be worth a try at least to rule out the possibility of some interference?

If it was installed when you bought it and functioned properly, it would seem to reason that it can be reassembled.
Not installed when purchased.

Not installed when purchased.
Interesting. Well... if you tried all the above (dropping the trigger group housing), and without seeing what you have and what's going on... I got nothing. Who's to say even if the receiver and bolt/slide assembly are from the same firearm and compatible, right?

Someone else might have more to add, but you may just have to bite the bullet and take it into a gunsmith to determine what's what.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top