JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hey everyone. Sorry for the lengthy description.

For sale in Coulee City, WA.

Pre-'64 Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in .270 Winchester caliber. 5-digit serial number, year of manufacture 1948
Includes Bausch & Lomb Balvar 8 2.5-8x scope and Stith scope mounts

This was my Grandpa's deer rifle. It was modified to suite his needs and likely has little or no collector value.

An attempt to reblue was made at some point. The only thing I've done is remove the flaking (original?) varnish from the stock and rubbed in a number of coats of boiled linseed oil.

The bore is worn but still has decent rifling with no rust or pitting that I can see. Ii haven't fired it in years but I remember it being quite accurate.

The scope is... old. It is still quite usable but not bright. Looks like "fly specks" on the lens. Guessing it's the lens coating getting old.

This is a Shooter, and a nice one at that, but it has seen a LOT of use and it isn't "pretty" except to me. The action is slicker than goose poop and it still has a lot of years of use left in it as it is, or it could be rebuilt into something even better.

Asking $850 OBO

With all the stupid laws that are being puked out by the fruitcakes lately, I don't know what is or isn't required for transfer on this one. It's 71 years old... C&R?
DSC_3194 (2).JPG
DSC_3197 (2).png
DSC_3199 (2).JPG
DSC_3201 (2).JPG
DSC_3202 (2).JPG
DSC_3203 (2).JPG
DSC_3198 (2).JPG
DSC_3204 (3).JPG

I-594 has an exception for buyers who have a current federal C&R FFL who are buying a C&R gun (50 years or older, or on the list of curios). Otherwise must be transferred through a dealer FFL.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.