JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The law requires registration, can you image the lines at the dealers counter from time to time. Will they be required to keep the books, or will exceptions to the law be allowed such as the big chain stores. Will fees be limited?
I wonder how the customer base will be affected with gun toting individuals walking around demanding due process so as to comply with the new laws.

FFL's who do not wish to provide this service will set high fees. Those who wish to provide the service and make a few extra bucks will do so for a reasonable fee. That is how it currently works and I don't see anything changing.

It will be like Commiefornia where it takes a lot longer to do a PPT (private party transfer) background check since the gun stores give priority to actual gun buying customers rather than those buying a gun from a private party. In California wait times can be one hour or more to complete a PPT while you wait for them to give priority to customers buying a new gun from the store.

Hawaiian, Commifornia gun store owners have told me they don't make a few extra bucks doing PPT background check paperwork. They lose money doing it. But the communist government of Commiefornia forces the FFL to do PPT when they are losing money on each one.

Yes to the above. There is nothing in the bill requiring FFL's to conduct the checks. In fact, it would be best if none of them would, giving further "harm" to people wanting to do private-private sales and giving something to take to court to overturn the law as written. (That, or the high fees causing undo burden and unfunded mandate to exercise a right).

as an 07 ffl there is nothing in the bill that states that I have to do the transfer, and I have chosen not to do any F-F transfers. the only ones that I will do are required IE gun show sales, gun sales from my shop and transfers from out of state for my regular customers. If anybody knows of a list of dealers that are doing the same let me know.

Bi-Mart or any business has the right to refuse service to anyone, no?

I don't think this Mandate can make a business do BG checks. That should be a illegal act by our nanny state too.
Unless it involves a cake for some ghey folks.

If you own a retail business, it would be stupid to NOT do the transfers, even if you can only "break even $$".

It gets people in your store.

What you do with them after they are in your store is up to you and your staff and your pricing of other "related items":D:cool:

If people want there rights trampled on then they will do a F-F but I will not do the transfers to facilitate this ramrodded injustice. there are more important things then the almighty dollar!!!!!

No, stores won't do a local private party transfer for SB 941 if they don't already do them for out of state purchases. My hope is that the smaller gun stores where this type is transfer is usually done will all refuse to do the private party transfers that will be required by SB 941. In fact I would make my new gun buying decisions based on if the gun store is trying to profit from SB 941 or can see the big picture and is taking a moral stance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top