JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys, anybody been up there in the past week or so? Is it closed, or accessible?

Google shows a road block on the way from Sandy. Don't know when it was erected/current status.

Google Maps

If only we had a member in a nearby town that could go out and scout the location...

The place I shot, one time, and I thought it was really small....I may have missed the whole Wildcat Mountain Rd site as I didn't do the clean-up they had there. The place I went to there were some big boulders and a sort of dog leg area to shoot that ended in a huge berm. Anyway, the road block your map shows is well past the place I refer to. Right after you hang a tight left off NF3626 its only 150 yards or so, and there road is block just a short distance past there. Go into satellite mode to see where I'm talking about. It is possible they have placed/removed road blocks, seen it done. It has been since October I was there.

I wasn't able to all the way up there on Tuesday due to ice and deeply rutted snow on the road and not having time to chain up my hatchback. Only had to turn back maybe a mile? away.

Tomorrow I'm going to give it a good go with the chains and report in from the site.

Unfortunately the snow got deeper than I could wrangle my car through even with chains and plenty of determination.

If you do wander up, beware of people shooting in the fields maybe 3/4 to 1 mile before the turnout, probably because they can't make it all the way up.

Unfortunately the snow got deeper than I could wrangle my car through even with chains and plenty of determination.

If you do wander up, beware of people shooting in the fields maybe 3/4 to 1 mile before the turnout, probably because they can't make it all the way up.

You mean in the area that is plainly, and SPECIFICALLY MARKED, as NO SHOOTING? Friggin' dumbasses!

Is this like an outdoor, gravel pit style shooting spot?

No, and there's limited space, and not much depth.

This is where I've been. I might be wrong? Nobody has corrected me before when I posted.
Google Maps
you can see the boulders placed at the opening. The one time I was there last fall the road that passes the boulders was blocked

Is this like an outdoor, gravel pit style shooting spot?

It use to be in the gravel pit, but there's a high traffic hiking trail that cuts right through it and too many people complained about it and the gravel making equipment got shot up on a regular basis.

As far as I know....There are numerous signs before you get to the place on the link I put up about no shooting. Starts with "No shooting for 4 miles" and counts down I believe one mile at a time.

Depending where you are in PDX ,West side? i'd go toward the West. Heck, I'm out near NE 60th and I'd still go to the West to find a place to shoot!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top