JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live pretty close and I have gone up there for years. I used to take a garbage bag with me and I was able to clean up the majority of the mess that people left. But the last 5 years or so the trash was unbelievable, not to mention the shady looking people, the sheriff would go up there all the time. I assume those are the reasons.

Clackamas County has a deputy permanently assigned to that area - in fact his job is paid for through grant money and one of his primary tasks is to investigate illegal dumping (LOTS of it goes on up there). They've been closing off shooting areas up there for years - last time I was up there was a couple years ago with a friend who is a cop and grew up in Sandy - and we were contacted by the deputy up there. He wasn't thrilled we were there, and indicated to us that all the areas south of the road at that time were off limits to shooting (we were off to the north of the road) and that most of the areas on the north side of the road were closing down or already closed. That sucked - so we've been going elsewhere now when we go shooting together.

My daughter and I just drove up Wildcat. We went all the way to the end. There is a no shooting sign posted that says "No Shooting For 4 Miles" but the gate is just past 4 miles. We went all the way to the end. There were several folks shooting up there. We went into the gravel pit also. There were several vehicles parked in there but there hasn't been shooting allowed on that south side of the road for years anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top