JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are in the process now of closing all the shooting areas and installing a gate just past the gravel
pit. I suppose you could still park your truck on the road and walk into the old areas, but they have done an excellent job of not only piling rocks in front of the roads, but they have piled up brush and logs on the roads.

I live pretty close and I have gone up there for years. I used to take a garbage bag with me and I was able to clean up the majority of the mess that people left. But the last 5 years or so the trash was unbelievable, not to mention the shady looking people, the sheriff would go up there all the time. I assume those are the reasons.

They are in the process now of closing all the shooting areas and installing a gate just past the gravel
pit. I suppose you could still park your truck on the road and walk into the old areas, but they have done an excellent job of not only piling rocks in front of the roads, but they have piled up brush and logs on the roads.

Is the gate on the main road{3626} before it narrows down into one lane or is it on the gravel road going to the gravel pit?:huh: I know the last time I was up there,I noticed they closed off the parking lot which is a half a mile :huh: after it turns into one lane.Where did you get your info?:confused::huh:

I haven't been up there for a couple of years but the last time I was up there I was shocked about the amount of crap people left up there! I have been going up there for 20 years off and on and I have never seen it that bad!

After the main road narrows there is a road to the left that is still open, but all shooting areas off that road are closed.
You can go to the gravel pit and the large parking area, but the new gate is just beyond that.
Where did I get my information? I drove up there.

After the main road narrows there is a road to the left that is still open, but all shooting areas off that road are closed.
You can go to the gravel pit and the large parking area, but the new gate is just beyond that.
Where did I get my information? I drove up there.

So the gate is on the main road or just on the road to the gravel pit?:huh::confused:

On the main road just past the gravel pit. I didn't drive to the gravel pit because there was several trucks, trailers, and equipment in that area. I might go back up there this week and take a look around, I assume they are done by now.

I don't understand how they can close off public lands.My understanding was they couldn't do so leagally.I'm shocked that no one has taken it down with a cuting torch LOL.

To my understanding they're allowed to do it for environmental issues, but this is from a conversation with a few rangers. Nothing appears to be in the plans for such closures to rebuild these shooting spots.

New here, but, you can't even make it to the gravel pit any more. Nice gravel parking area about a 1/4 mile befor it. Seems kinda odd since there is a hiking trail up there. Guess that's no more also.

End of what road? You can still shoot at the end of the road the shoots off to the left before the gravel pit turn off. But its already got trash everywhere from people shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1351830468394.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1351830501743.jpg

Sorry, those are pics from the new parking lot are about 1/4 mi from gravel pit. The closest you can drive to it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads