JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because I take personal responsibility for myself and my loved ones safety. I thank the police for there help and good intentions. But I don't expect anyone else to care more about me, than I care for myself.
Those that stick there head in the sand and defer the safety of there wives and children, are just cowards.
Some people hate the fact I carry a gun. I don't think they understand why they are mad at me? It's because there disappointed in there own cowardice.

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it, but in truth it's just a way of life. Can't remember a time with nothing to hunt or plink. I have found myself letting a mag go just because I felt like it on my way home ( I live in BFE). At times I feel for you city boys but then I remember ammo shortages and am glad you can't just let a mag go to. LOL just kidding hope ya all get to feed some lead to something this weekend.:)

JUST took mine off my hip to sit down at the computer after spending the day helping my daughter get her 72 challenger ready to roll home to her house on the trailer. Yes I even carry at home, and I live way up in the sticks with no neighbors other than family. An old boy scout still after all these years,, be prepared.

Same reason I wear a seat belt in the car and a helmet on the bike. Just in case. Don't want to need it, but sure glad it's there if crap like this happens.
I hate wearing a seat belt and never where a helmet on a bicycle. I only wear a helmet on a motorcycle cause the law requires it....i only carry when im in the woods, not because im scared but because its the only time that permits it. My lifestyle doesnt allow me to carry. I wear a tool belt from 8-5pm, I definitely can't carry while golfing, downhill mtn. biking, swimming/bridge jumping etc... I refuse to carry while drinking (which seems often) and between all that kind of stuff I do metal fab in the evenings. So there is no room for me to be carrying a piece. That being said all my vehicles and my night stand/bedroom have a baseball bat and gun at the ready....but in public im confident in my fists and I REALLY DO APPRECIATE all of you that do carry because its important to all of us who dont!!!

I can buy that Drew. Thats the beauty of being an American,, well kinda. A lot has changed of late.
I am (at least in my mind) well versed in the art of self defence and yet feel that nothing short of a handgun or rifle will suffice when either one is required, Heaven forbid.

My vocation also inhibits a daily carry while on site, but other than that I tend have one very near. I've seen sirene moments go terrifying in just that, moments.

I personally carry only for the event that the very unlikely event of finding myself in one of those mass killings in the mall, store, post office, etc. ... situations. I shudder at the thought of just laying there waiting for some nut case to get around to shooting me. Even though I suspect I run a greater risk of being shot by law enforcement, or another CCW holder by having a gun in my hands during such times, I would rather die, 'With my boots on' rather than cringing in my fear. Fear of being caught without is the motivator. Fear is a strong emotion. I sometimes carry two.

So in the locations where all these shootings seem to happen...errr "gun free zones" if you all where to visit that mall or theatre where those rules apply would you still carry...knowing its against the rules...because the potential risk

Clackamas Town Center
Sums it right up.

All of my (our) vehicles have spare tires. The last time I needed a spare tire in a vehicle I was driving was probably 1984, but that doesn't mean I take the spares out of the stuff we drive now.

Far better to be prepared than non.

So in the locations where all these shootings seem to happen...errr "gun free zones" if you all where to visit that mall or theatre where those rules apply would you still carry...knowing its against the rules...because the potential risk

Every F-in time. By the way, Clackamas Town Center does not have "gun free" postings. I was there the first day they opened after the shooting and looked closely for signs. None. Was there shortly after that and looked again. Nope. Last time I went to Buffalo Wild Wings I walked right past the sign that says "No guns". F-em.
The only risk is they ask me to leave. Then I guess the bill's on them!

Funny how not many even read the first post and responded.
Now go back and read the first post. He is not asking but TELLING you,giving you an example of why you want to carry.

Go back and read the first post
Y'all crack me up.

Police are glorified garbage men, they show up after the fact to clean up what's left.

That is why I carry, the best defense is the one you provide yourself.

Funny how not many even read the first post and responded.
Now go back and read the first post. He is not asking but TELLING you,giving you an example of why you want to carry.

Go back and read the first post
Y'all crack me up.

Not sure what you meant my friend, read it and understood it. The responses (most I believe) are other reasons as well. There are a couple that were in response to another poster that asked if some of us knowingly carried in "gun free zones" so it may have drifted slightly, yet remains pretty much on point, as in to be ready for any unseen event that requires it.

It is my understanding that Jeff Cooper would occasionally visit foreign countries to train those actual presidents etc. how to use a handgun for their own personal protection.. even though they had full time protective details and armies and such.
It's just a good idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top