JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because a cop is too heavy!

Plus there was already one instance where just showing I was armed stopped two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" from attempting to break into my motorhome in a remote area of WY.

Deen

Because when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

Although I'll be honest, I don't have my carry permit yet, so I don't carry, but I'm taking the class soon, and the above is the reason why I will be carrying!

When people ask me why I carry my answer is this...

boys_zps8f9aba33.jpg

^^^Nice looking kids, PP!
There are any number of reasons why I carry. I'm old and can't can't fight worth beans anymore. That bothers me but wouldn't matter anyway because these days any opposition will likley be packing. I figure that in the inner city I'm just evening the playing field. Also, there are dangerous people everywhere, city or country, North, South, East or West! I think that our overcrowded, overwelmed, no hope society produces more sociopaths every day and I don't see it getting any better. In my inner-city neighborhood we would seem to some to be modestly well off so I have been also packing at home for the last year or so. One other thing that I truly believe is that anti 2nd Amendment progressives just do not believe in evil! I've seen it, stared in its eye, I know it's real!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Why not is my answer!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Believe it or not there are evil people in the world. Unfortunately the evil doers are usually not spotted until they are doing something evil. By then it is to late unless one has a way to fight back.

Remember, the first rule of a gunfight is HAVE A GUN!

The same reason I carry a multitool, knife, rope, water, gloves and a few other odds and ends, because should I ever need it, Ill have it. A lot of times its little stuff that can really help other folks: jumper cables, a car jack, disinfectant..etc.

That and crazy folks can snap at any minute & where ever they please. As a journeyman Im all over the place and make pit stops in seedy locations..
Id happily be the first responder if it means saving my life and the lives around me. Anything is better than nothing, however when the leos show up, its all them.. If I dont get shot by them by mistake, but thats another issue.

Although I agree with all the replies,the OP made a statement,'this is ...."why you carry all the time" ' ,not asking a question.
And I'm kinda surprised nobody corrected his grammar,thinking it was a question.Or did those people know it was a statement?
Hmmmm. We may never know.

I have to remember this though. I don't carry all the time because people don't mess with me.
My buddy was following me at a gun show and I bumped into this guy. He turned to say something and looked at me and walked off. My friend just laughed.
BUT,what if some crazy is at a store I walk into? What if he doesn't have any fear left in him?
Or anger has taken over,as was the case in the article?

I'm 6' @ 210lbs with a generally stoic demeanor (in public) and seldom get bothered, but (in addition to my CCW) I've taken to carrying a collapsible baton on my belt that looks like a mini-flashlight while in my work clothes.

I've actually had to use it once to fend off a large dog, and once while working downtown in Portland to discourage an aggressive transient from panhandling me WELL WITHIN in my personal space.

Thankfully, I never had to strike them in either incident.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top