JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I added a plus 2 round mag extension to my 43 to have a better grip and more ammo about a year ago. My had fits better and it's easier to shoot. I see the appeal of the 43X and the 48. I don't carry it much in the winter.

Not sure why so many Glock 43's are for sale. But I'm glad they are. I got a nice deal on one in a trade. Now I carry it everyday. It's a perfect size for ankle carry, which due to circumstances, is where I carry.

I'm sure there are other options, many of which I tried. But at least for my purposes, which is completely utilitarian, the Glock 43 is far from a failure...

Bought a G43 specifically for GSSF competitions. I'm not sure what real world niche Glock was
trying to fill with the G43. It's not a pocket gun, but a belt gun with pocket gun capacity. It
is thinner than others in it's overall size range, but not that much. Personally if I were to
go to a belt carry compact, it would be a G26 or M&P Shield 2.0. Or maybe another of my
GSSF guns--the G36. If you are going to carry a single stack Glock, bigger bullets!

I don't consider the G43 a failure by any means. I like the longer barrel of the G48, but have no problems shooting a G43.
The G43 is surpisingly accurate. I also like the narrow width and extra short grip which is important to me for ccarry. I know the 43x is desirable because of the longer grip/shooting but it defeats the purpose (for me). There are plenty other pistols already at 4.5" to 5" height.

I just looked through 4 pages of classifieds here and looking at the 1st 4 pages G43's represent 2.5% of guns for sale. Just not seeing that an overwhelming amount of that particular model.

The G43 is surpisingly accurate. I also like the narrow width and extra short grip which is important to me for ccarry. I know the 43x is desirable because of the longer grip/shooting but it defeats the purpose (for me). There are plenty other pistols already at 4.5" to 5" height.
I'm with you regarding the grip size. I'd love to see a 43L with a 4" barrel, but keeping the shorter grip. I'll probably get a 48 eventually, but for now I'm very happy with the 43.

Short grips have never bothered me. I have no problem tucking my pinkie under the grip and have never felt that it affected my shooting, even with something as small as an XD-S .45 or LCP.

Gotta sell perfection to get a little more perfection that you add a little more to the perfection to make it perfection so it'll perfectly fit in your safe until its a perfect time to sell the perfection and repeat the process of finding that special PERFECTION!.

Our G43 was supposed to be my wife's carry gun - it's a safe queen along with the XDs 3.3" .45 - can't stand either of them...
My wife loves the XD 4" 9mm the best. I carry the XDm 3.8" 9mm as my favorite - the XDm 4.5" .45 is a bit too large :)

Peace,
Michael J.

I carry my 43 with Trijicon HD's and a Pierce +1 extension (that makes the grip length perfect for me).... a LOT.

No plans to ever sell it. ;)

0810B1FF-8D98-49B4-9348-98E39CA936A3.jpeg

Last Edited:
Something else to consider before the 43 is deemed a failure or a mistake due to its popularity in the classified section...

Glocks are good guns. They aren't necessarily "perfection" but they are generally well made, reliable pistols. They are also easily replaceable.

When I used to work in Alaska, I'd come home and immediately buy two Glocks. They were savings accounts. I could enjoy them, shoot them, and then in six months if I needed to buy a plane ticket to get back north, it was as simple as selling a Glock. There is always a used market. You might not get all your money back, but they hold value better than most other polymer pistols.

And if you need to recover financially from a rough holiday season (which seems to be the case according to some ads), then selling a Glock which can easily be replaced later is not the worst plan ever.

Just another thought...

Tried selling mine, mostly due to non use.

Then pulled the ad as I picked the absolute worst time to try and sell it.

Folks were selling there's for ridiculous prices. No way I'm getting what I wanted for mine.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top