JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To quote some text I have to type out the quote and /quote tag. To get a smile I have to type : followed by ). I'm wondering why the forum software does not display the usual array of tags on the response screen?

I am running noscript, ghostery and https everywhere but they don't seem to be the problem since nothing changes when I disable them. Oh, I'm also using firefox and linux.

To quote some text I have to type out the quote and /quote tag.

No idea - I was able to quote your text by highlighting in your post and selecting "quote" from the little popup menu. :s0153:

As for smilies - I can see them :s0053:

Probably best to tag @Joe Link to make sure he sees this post, otherwise he'll likely miss it.

Ah. Just a non-standard way of handling quotes. Thanks. Still no smileys though.

Hopefully Joe will chime in eventually, but one thing you can check in your account preferences is if you have the box below checked:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

@PaulB47 The tags are likely the tags you're familiar with (such as quote and /quote), wrapped in brackets.

Code:
Example:

[quote]This is a quote.[/quote]

Let me know if you have any questions ;)

Thanks etrain. I already had the smiley mode checked, but didn't have the rich text editor box checked just above it, so I checked that too. Now I have all the tags and smileys displayed. Doh!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews