JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been diving into shotguns lately and am perplexed by the stupidity of this whole slide tube thing...

Why are these so hard to find?
Ultimately this is the part that is attached to the action bars where your forend goes...
Many newer 500 series and the Maverick guns dont have tubes, but just have the plastic grip and the action bars directly pinned to them.

These things are impossible to find... except for a few lame retailers and ebay where you will pay well over $100 for one.

It seems like there is a huge market for these things, Mossberg doesnt use them on all their guns anymore... so there is a large number of people who want to upgrade their guns and cant because there are no tubes available.......... Mossberg seems like they are hardly pumping them out, most retailers say backordered and overdue...

Mossberg could probably make a huge profit by selling these, but they dont. These doesnt seem to be ANY aftermarket option... there was something by Hogue but its "discontinued"

I dont understand how something with a huge demand can go unfilled?

Or that manufacturers are churning out accessories for a gun that no one can use... if you bought a Mossy in the last 10 years it doesnt have a tube, but literally every grip requires one from Magpul to streamlight.

You would think that people would start putting these out there or maybe the other manufacturers would design their products to NOT require the tube???

Just had to rant

I really love Mossberg 500s, so much to love! Dual extractors..dual action bars.. safety is in the right place....
but hate the maverick style tubeless pump they have adopted pretty much as standard.
I'm sure it's cheaper to produce but......c'mon!

I miss the Persuader /Cruiser models with action tube and 590 style barrel attachment and tube cap not to mention the aggressive breacher/stand-off device.

I saw you were looking for one a while back, guessing it was to upgrade your 88. I sold several I had here just before you started looking for one. I agree the pinned design isn't a good idea. The 88 are meant to be the economy version 500, but other than safety switch placement, once you have the upgraded slide tube, virtually the same SG. The 88 slide ends up being a junk drawer or trash part. No one wants them. I've heard they break as well. Someone should be making the action slide tubes, but even the new ones when they were more available were 75-100 just for tube, then you needed the nut and pay for shipping. Its irritating that the slide tube cost is half what the entire SG costs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews